Spot Them Beater Cars

CrazyJeeper sent me a pic of one from his office where someone managed to roll their car on a US 75 offramp while staying completely on the road surface.

This does not surprise me in the least. If there's anything I know about Dallas is you have some talented people when it comes to crashes.

Nice start, looks like it needs some finishing. Really want a wagon though. Room for the entire family.

This does not surprise me in the least. If there's anything I know about Dallas is you have some talented people when it comes to crashes.

To be fair, this kind of rollover is caused by the fact that the old style Jersey barrier with the toe-out flange on the bottom isn't compatible with modern low profile tires. Instead of slowing the vehicle or redirecting it back into the lane by the sidewall rubbing it, it just acts like a ramp if you hit it at the correct angle and rolls the car.

Which can give results not entirely unlike this:

Nice start, looks like it needs some finishing. Really want a wagon though. Room for the entire family.

Solution: Subaru Brat/Baja style jump seats.

Subaru-Brat-Jump-Seats.jpg

Internet regulations require this ad image to be posted:

1978-Subaru-BRAT-jump-seat-640x438.jpg

Still can't believe that made it past safety nuts.

Road hard, put away wet, and kicked in the side for good measure. :lol:

Seen today:

Mercedes-Benz CLS from Sweden, abandoned here in Switzerland
2017-07-12_a.JPG

Seen today:

Mercedes-Benz CLS from Sweden, abandoned here in Switzerland
2017-07-12_a.JPG
No current MOT on that car, last MOT in 2015. The car is not legal to be driven. Current owner has had it since 2013.

Reactions: lip
^ Thanks for the info. - It's parked on a apartment building "visitor" space and last time on the road was in 2016 according to the Autobahnvignette.

I wonder what people think when they do this. I mean, it should be worth selling it, shouldn't it ... even if you're in trouble.

I wonder what people think when they do this. I mean, it should be worth selling it, shouldn't it ... even if you're in trouble.
Can't sell a car from a prison cell...

...or from a shallow grave dug by construction workers.

Can't sell a car from a prison cell...

you can't?

you can't go out to hand over the keys, but you can arrange an add in a newspaper, and communicate with interested parties, no?

Look what followed me home, honey...

Look what followed me home, honey...

My neighbor Dave, the guy with the black '70 Torino GT that I've posted about before, brought this home today.
It's a '62 (I think) Econoline pickup.
Not sure exactly what he has planned for it; but whatever happens, I can see hundreds of hours of work. :?

4p2dRHK.jpg
[/IMG]

dko48jJ.jpg
[/IMG]

sC8nEZL.jpg
[/IMG]

SL