TGR Subtitling Project: current status, information

thank you for all the good work on this project. i am not only a fan of topgear but also a beginner student of the russian language. its great to try to keep up with the idiomatic speech. I could not do it without the subs!
any work you guys do is very appreciated:):)

Last edited:
Does it look that bad? I did it man-u-ally :D

Yes, it does look bad, especially on my wide monitor. I have to read 3 words and then go to the next line. >_<

I don't post much, but I would just like to say that the group of people I introduced this phenomena to and I are extremely interested in this and all versions of Top Gear / Fifth Gear/ D motor. We think Top Gear: Russia is excellent and we will diligently watch each and every episode of that and all of those shows.

We greatly appreciate the things you people here at finalgear.com do for us so that we can enjoy our favorite TV programs. While timely releases would be appreciated, our greatest concern is for the episodes to be released at all. Please don't give up!

Hey... could someone point me in the direction of download-able D-Motor episodes? I can't find any reliable source for these.

Also, the word wrapping in unfavorable. Don't get me wrong, it's better than nothing, but I have the same problem as Viper007Bond on my wide screen projector... some lines of text only have one three-letter word on them and as a result the text can take up much of the screen. o_O

First off, thank you to all project members. I enjoyed every episode of TG:R so far and the show as well as subs just kept getting better.

I know how hard it can be to stay motivated and have fun doing this, this is voluntary after all and people should get some pleasure out of doing it, not an ulcer.

Reliable team members with initiative can share the workload immensely and I hope you can keep the project going. I don't know how you're currently structured, maybe having more people (not necessarily capable of speaking Russian) to assign segments/time the subs/proof read/QA/distribution/guides for newcomers... or alternating roles can lessen the load and keep things interesting.

I can't help, since I understand Russian very bad (although being Czech and learning Russian at the moment) but I want to send a BIG THANK YOU to all the people, that are subtitling the TGR. I appreciate it very much.

So how can i join the subtitle translation team (project) ?

MXM, I'm most likely useless in translating any phrase as I only understand abount 80% of 'em, but I might be helpful in refining the english phrases as I just acquired the highest possible diploma in english language. :mrgreen:

Well thats the theory, last week I had a chat with some englishmen from hull and after 2 hours, they still hadn't noticed that i'm a bloody foreigner :lol:

If there's any help needed with fine-tuning the english or placing the subtitiles - count on me - always willing to help :mrgreen:

MXM, I'm most likely useless in translating any phrase as I only understand abount 80% of 'em, but I might be helpful in refining the english phrases as I just acquired the highest possible diploma in english language. :mrgreen:

Well thats the theory, last week I had a chat with some englishmen from hull and after 2 hours, they still hadn't noticed that i'm a bloody foreigner :lol:

If there's any help needed with fine-tuning the english or placing the subtitiles - count on me - always willing to help :mrgreen:

Thanks for the offer. At the moment it seems that we actually lack active translators. Even though our group is full of people, a few do stuff regularly.

There's only one person doing the timing for the most of the episode though, so if you want to help, that's where it might be needed.

I havent had a chance yet, but id like to thank everyone whos taken the time to accurately subtitle the episodes and put in whatever work to make the RU episodes avail to us English speakers.

I really enjoy having my top gear thirst quenched, even if its only slightly until the real deal is back on.

I wish i had time to help you guys, but please keep doing it!

Thanks again! -Erik