TV: The Flash (2014)

thomas

Grouchy Beemer Owner
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
E39 M5, '94 Cadillac Fleetwood, '21 Focus Wagon
Because it came up in the Arrow-Thread (where the main character appeared), here is the Thread for CW's new TV Show, The Flash, which is supposed to start this fall! :)

First Look "Trailer":

[video=youtube;rnXsnR-2AvU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnXsnR-2AvU[/video]

Extended Trailer:

Looks to basically be Arrow but with more super powers. :p

Not that that's a bad thing though. I'm really looking forward to this show.

Is it me or did the flash costume look very loose fitting. I'm used to super heroes having tight fitting costumes.

Looking forward to this. As much as I like Arrow, I wouldn't mind a little bit more super-powery stuff.

I wonder when and which DC hero will receive the nolan/dark knight-esque treatment.

All these TV series, as good as they maybe, will never be as impactful as a well written movie.

I was actually hoping it would be would be the flash, but I don't actually know the intricacies of the storyline and whether or not it would be appropriate as a super serious movie.

Man of steel was the next best thing; what other characters would be good candidates for such a movie?

They may not be as impactful, but I highly prefer a good series over a good movie. Why? Because a good series is very likely to provide YEARS of joy and entertainment. Well, even if you just sum up the runtime of the episodes, a decent running series with 100ish episodes in its lifespan will provide something between 30 and 50 times the content of a single movie. So as much as I appreciate a good movie, or even - if they don't fuck it up - some sequels, I'll take a good series over it any day of the week.

Looks to basically be Arrow but with more super powers. :p

Not that that's a bad thing though. I'm really looking forward to this show.

Is it me or did the flash costume look very loose fitting. I'm used to super heroes having tight fitting costumes.

Yep basically like Arrow, a superhero show with good writing and fun characters, I certainly hope so

For those that didn't know, The Pilot episode leaked online last week. It's probably an early cut and not the final version so things are likely to change but I thought it was very good. This is going to be a very good show if the pilot is any indication. It's very obvious that the show is from the people who are doing Arrow but that's a good thing. The show compliments the Arrow very well. All in All, it's going to be a long wait until October for more episodes.

This show is getting awfully high ratings for something so cheesy. Weak acting, forced drama, and irrelevant romance. I stand by my argument of movies>TV series. When done right, you get better acting, better plot, and overall a piece with more impact than a dulled down TV series made for cheap, mindless entertainment.

The show is fun, and its a little too soon to judge a show based on thr first two eps. Wait a half season at least to formulate an opinion.

No way am I wasting anymore time, bandwidth, and HD storage on this. Finished the second episode and like the first, the pacing was all wrong.

And how does Arrow get equally high ratings as well? The dialogue is just as cringe-worthy.

No way am I wasting anymore time, bandwidth, and HD storage on this. Finished the second episode and like the first, the pacing was all wrong.

And how does Arrow get equally high ratings as well? The dialogue is just as cringe-worthy.
They're clearly showing a different show in your country because this season of Arrow is currently the best yet.

Serious problem here: I really like superhero movies, I love those new fancy pants tv shows, but I don't like any of the new comic book shows: AoS, Arrow, Flash, Gotham, Constantine, the lot. I find them cheesy to the point of cringeworthy: Dialogue, actors, characters, pacing.

Is it me, am I just not 'getting' them? This kinda bums me out, seriously.

Serious problem here: I really like superhero movies, I love those new fancy pants tv shows, but I don't like any of the new comic book shows: AoS, Arrow, Flash, Gotham, Constantine, the lot. I find them cheesy to the point of cringeworthy: Dialogue, actors, characters, pacing.

Oh thank god it's not just me. Look at that costume, even that looks cheap.

With the exception of Gotham, which iz pretty bad, the rest of the shows are pretty good. They're not 'Breaking Bad' excellent and sometimes cheesy but that's inherent in these type of shows. Basically if you don't enjoy them, it's not your fault, it just means they're not your type of TV shows.

There are far worse problems in life than not liking a genre of TV shows. It means less time wasted watching TV.

Last edited: