The Forum Rules

Well I've used the term fuckwit many a times. I think I called WannabeSS that about 2 or 3 million times. I've also used cunt a few times. Though I had to be a bit creative to get past the filter.

What can I say, I love the English language expletives and all.

I got a well deserved infraction for being a retard, but is there something I am supposed to do upon getting one? What are the consequences?

I had an infraction and ban for an hour or so. I was Hoffing a thread and used a hot linked image. Unfortunately the site replaced the image with a goat se picture when hotlinked. A mod happened to find it for the two seconds it was up before I changed it.

Thankfully Viper was able to clear things up. Moral of the story Viper is awesome and use phyrefile for pictures.

Last edited:
Fuck me, I'm glad the bosses seem to be cool with slightly inappropriate language now.

I can't speak for the others but I rarely do something about it if it hasn't been reported, I don't go round looking for bad language :)

^Damn, I just learned that I'm a shit-, fuck- and cuntman.

The word 'fuck' is acceptable but Quiky will ban you for a while if you only write the first half of the word.;)
Yeah, we are up to a 4-week ban for the use of it.. :evil:

Yeah, we are up to a 4-week ban for the use of it.. :evil:

perhaps that should be put in the forum rules somewhere (or is it already?)

Regarding the signature size, I received a warning because mine was too tall (it was 472px ? 180px).

Now I've reduced it to 472px ? 175px, but I've just seen the file size limit (around 100kb). Mine is 124kb, does that fall into the acceptable category?

Yeah, it's close enough. The 100KB rule isn't set in stone, it's more a guideline to avoid long ass page load times.

That's what I thought, but I just wanted to make sure.

Thanks for the confirmation :)

Yeah, it's close enough. The 100KB rule isn't set in stone, it's more a guideline to avoid long ass page load times.

Not set in stone eh? Well time for my 720p animated GIF.

Ok I'll down scale it. Should at least save a gig or two :p.

Is it some sort of unwritten rule not to negative-reputation people who have administrative power over the forums? I seem to have lost all my reputation power with no sign of a warning or a forum infraction (checked "User CP" thoroughly). All i can think of is i have in the past negatively-repped moderators and/or administrators for what i considered rude posting behavior. Trust me, i know i've toed the behavioral line in the past and do my best to stay on my best behavior here, lest i find my posting privileges revoked.

I dont really mind (Im seriously not trying to raise a big stink, but i just want to know why :)), but i assumed that i was safe from punishment, and that everyone generally respected the anonymity of the reputation system.

Last edited:
I dont really mind (Im seriously not trying to raise a big stink, but i just want to know why :)), but i assumed that i was safe from punishment, and that everyone generally respected the anonymity of the reputation system.

Basically you (and me and a couple of other dudes) did something really stupid and idiotic in the past with the reputation system and Quiky decided to rape us. Such scars don't go away. :p

In my case I think I neg-repped someone from a really old thread, although I'm not too sure because it was in 2007.

Anyway get used to 0 rep power, we won't get our old reps back.

Ok thats fine, what exactly did you do? Repped an old thread? I mean that might at least give me a clue. Like i said im lucky quicky hasnt banned me (again), so i try to be careful about breaking forum rules, or even being a e-smartass to the wrong people.

Usually for leaving garbage neg reps. People that abuse it get put into the "Can't use the reputation system" group. Which is self explanatory. It's sort of a "trust" system-- you get to use it, and if you break the rules or be a shithead, we take away the permissions to use that feature. Some have lost their sigs, avatars, rep, Pm, etc as a result of abusing it. Could either ban people for a single infraction, or turn off non-critical bits.

I'm always happy to whip out the ban hammer... :evil: