The General Motorbikers Discussion Thread

Ride more is always the answer.

Related note, my Multi's battery (I think the original) finally crapped out this weekend. Battery tender for the win.

And I need to change the oil on the VFR sometime soon. It's had the same oil since May 2016 and I've only put 1,500 miles on it since then ?

If it's full synthetic it probably hasn't damaged anything or turned to sludge, but it's certainly time for a change..

I haven't ridden in 16 years, but I feel like my threshold for motorcycle excitement is much lower when compared to cars.
Do you people feel the same?

I have no interest in fast cars anymore, it simply doesn't compare to a bike for thrills - and I can get supercar performance for $5,000

I will have to take the other side. I’ve had bikes for a decade but I got my first fast car in the form of my 2018 Mustang GT and it definitely will scratch the same performance itch.

Maybe y’all just need to find faster cars. ?

I will have to take the other side. I’ve had bikes for a decade but I got my first fast car in the form of my 2018 Mustang GT and it definitely will scratch the same performance itch.

I have had a similar epiphany after getting the RS. I now have similar fun in a car VS on my FJ09.

Maybe you need faster bikes. :cool:

You need more yellow bikes. I'll cut you a deal on the ST1300. :p

Ooh the 60th Anniversary R1 is legit - @Der Stig , how many miles are on that thing?

... and what is this that I'm hearing all y'all complaining of not finding bikes exciting?!! :mad:

Ooh the 60th Anniversary R1 is legit - @Der Stig , how many miles are on that thing?

... and what is this that I'm hearing all y'all complaining of not finding bikes exciting?!! :mad:

Like 800 miles on it. It was a demo bike. It's been for sale since last summer at least. I've got my eyes on it ?

I still love riding.

I also love driving my fast car.

Why can't I find both exciting? ;)

Like 800 miles on it. It was a demo bike. It's been for sale since last summer at least. I've got my eyes on it ?

Only 800 miles?!?! Oooh... dude... :eek:

I still love riding.

I also love driving my fast car.

Why can't I find both exciting? ;)

Ok, true. Whew - I just got scared there for one moment. I was thinking, do I need to start posting moto vacation photos?!

IMG-20200314-WA0001.jpg

Earlier tonight I was notified that the tour that I was looking forward to has been cancelled - for the usual reason these days. Damnit. :(
That tour was the reason for me buying the Tracer at all. I was all but ready to take a break from motorcycling this year which would have saved me quite a bit of money.

How much you want for that used Tracer? ?

Hang onto it, most things are being postponed, it might be next season, but you will still want that bike

I know I will, that's my consolation. But I was actually looking forward to a break when the only riding in sight was local here. I also still have the MX-5 which could be used for fun a bit more instead. And a year of waiting would have made for a cheaper buy (the 2019 Tracer GTs then being available on the used market properly).

Ah well. I'll still have fun.

Today I've done some touring in my usual searching grounds for curvy roads,m the Sauerland region, which is very rural. A nice 200 km ride. I even took a picture to catch some impressions during the one break that I took. :D

20200503_131100.jpg

In other news, I might get the opportunity soon to ride with a passenger for the first time. A friend of mine needs to get her Ducati serviced, and consequently needs a ride back from the dealer after having left the bike there. And/or to the dealer to pick it up again.
I should at least look for instructions on how to set up the rear suspension for that kind of load in my bike's manual. :D

Last edited: