The Windows Phone thread

Bought a Cyan 920 last Friday and got it in yesterday!!

anyone rocking windows phone 8 yet and know if it works with Lotus Notes traveler?

What exactly is that? Is it an app I can download? If so, I can give it a try and tell you what I see.
:)

EDIT: Searched the app store and I don't see anything.

iRuq4B7pZ2dtL.jpg

icLgIs6WnsMZO.jpg

Last edited:
Bought a Cyan 920 last Friday and got it in yesterday!!

What exactly is that? Is it an app I can download? If so, I can give it a try and tell you what I see.
:)

EDIT: Searched the app store and I don't see anything.

iRuq4B7pZ2dtL.jpg

icLgIs6WnsMZO.jpg

how is it size and weight wise? seen a lot of reviews complaining about it. I've got a Lumia 800 at the moment wondering how much bigger it will be.

Well, I do know a lot of the reviews say the phone is "too heavy." To me, it's all a personal preference. I like the weight of it. In general I like weightier phones. It's a little bit heavier than my iPhone 4 but not too far off.

As far as size goes, it's MUCH larger than the 4. The screen itself including the buffer on the top and bottom itself is larger than the entire iPhone and after using this phone, I don't want to use a smaller device.

Personally I'd go for the Lumia 920. Better battery, better camera, better storage and build quality is generally better. Not to mention, Nokia Maps FTW!

Ohh that's true. I guess I don't really care about that...

Well to be honest, I like the weight of this phone. It feels solid, and its hardly heavier than an iPhone 4.

I still have a little while to go before I have my upgrade, but it looks like I may be leaving Big Red.

http://www.wpcentral.com/comment/238378

I have so many group chats because most of my friends have iPhones (Androids, it seems, are not acceptable for accountants); losing that feature would make my life miserable. And I have it on my Trophy so it's not a network issue...

That's a fantastic forum by the way. I joined shortly before the 920 released. Lots of good info on there and tons of great deals for cases and other accessories.

Thinking about replacing my SonyEricsson Xperia x10 with a Lumia 920, but the price is holding me back. Sure it is a lot of phone for the price and from what I have read in the reviews it is nearly worth every penny.

Decisions decisions...

iLLGT3, any chance for a minireview? I want an insight on how it is to use from day to day before I make the decision to get one or not. :)

Why don't you just wait a bit for the prices to drop? It'll probably only take a few months

My brain was in a stupid moment yesterday and didn't think of that. Thanks for reminding me. :)

really impressed with some of the concert videos coming out filmed from Lumia 920s. The camera seems amazing, especially the sound quality and lack of distortion.

Just picked up a 920...
Rater nice but a few things could be a little better, but I'm used to custom Android I guess. Namely keyboard and no VPN!

Just picked up a 920...
Rater nice but a few things could be a little better, but I'm used to custom Android I guess. Namely keyboard and no VPN!

Which keyboard were you using on Android? Windows Phone's keyboard is routinely deemed one of the best "stock" keyboards on any smartphone.

I think it's more I'm used to having the little icons showing what long press etc does on each key. It's rather accurate and quick. I used a stock sense keyboard and swype usually.

I sent an email out to all of the users at work with phones today explaining how to set up Zune for syncing photos they've taken on site, I think I might hide in the server room tomorrow.

Also found out last week that the WiFi transmitter on these phones is fairly weak, it gets annihilated by the shared in-office signal in one of our offices, much to the bemusement of us in IT and the staff at said office. Works fine outside.

still waiting to get my phone back from telstra, been over 4 weeks now since my lumina carked it

Dropped my 800 for the N-th time, and the screen cracked. Still detects my fingerprints despite a crack across the top and one on the left. Was sooo tempted to use this 'chance' to get a new phone, but just ordered a new screen from eBay.

I'm still hoping they release a Qwerty slide phone with WP on it..