Two questions and a comment

SquareLeft

Car(s)
2019 Mazda6 Sport, 2002 Subaru WRX, 1961 Morgan
After about a-year-and-a-half on this site, I think I understand most of what's happening; but I do have a couple of questions:

1. When I post two consecutive replies to a thread, the site sometimes combines them and shows an "update" message at the top of the second post. What do I need to do to keep the posts separate? Will a "Title" on the second post separate them?

2. I haven't been able to find a place on the site that explains the unique icons. There's a green bar in the lower part of the block for the user's name. What does that signify? And, sometimes there's a little flower-like icon there as well. What does that tell us?

3. Not everyone includes a location in their personal description. It's not a BIG deal and I understand that some people might not be comfortable saying EXACTLY where they are, but... When you don't fill in that blank and then make references to 'where I live' or 'over here', it certainly takes away from what you're trying to convey!

Thanks for reading this far and for any answers to my questions. :D
SL

After about a-year-and-a-half on this site, I think I understand most of what's happening; but I do have a couple of questions:

1. When I post two consecutive replies to a thread, the site sometimes combines them and shows an "update" message at the top of the second post. What do I need to do to keep the posts separate? Will a "Title" on the second post separate them?
That's a means of preventing double posts. The software automatically combines posts if one person posts multiple times in short succession. If you want to prevent the automatic combination you need to post with a longer pause inbetween.

2. I haven't been able to find a place on the site that explains the unique icons. There's a green bar in the lower part of the block for the user's name. What does that signify? And, sometimes there's a little flower-like icon there as well. What does that tell us?
The green blobs signify the "reputation". This feature is explained here. The little flower is the icon for ICQ which is a messenger like whatsapp, but it's used less and less nowadays.

3. Not everyone includes a location in their personal description. It's not a BIG deal and I understand that some people might not be comfortable saying EXACTLY where they are, but... When you don't fill in that blank and then make references to 'where I live' or 'over here', it certainly takes away from what you're trying to convey!

Thanks for reading this far and for any answers to my questions. :D
SL
It's a way to show "look, I'm funny". ;)

Well, doh, looking in the FAQ certainly would have made sense; but for some reason I was fixed on finding the answers in something under the "Forum" tab.

I guess that I'm not used to forums with so many 'helpful' features. If I want separate posts, I'll just try waiting longer to make the second one. I did figure out that using the 'History' tab to look back makes life easier!

Thanks much for your help!!
SL

There are also a fair few of the regulars who know each other IRL, so people don't really think about it too much until someone asks.

Yeah there is a hard core of regulars that get together in various meets, usually in Europe and mainly at the annual Ringmeet which has had over 50 participants in recent years. My other half and I just returned from an excellent long weekend in Slovenia and Croatia spent with IceBone, nicjasno and 47 (and his wife).

If you have the means and the inclination there will be an epic roadtrip through the Balkans next summer (late July/early August) before travelling up through Austria and Germany to the Nurburgring for the 4 days of Ringmeet. You can probably neegotiate the loan of camping gear and a shotgun seat in a participant's vehicle. Be advised to pack at least one spare pair of drinking trousers! ;)