Ownership Verified: We're Ford guys now! 2018 Mustang GT

For the Mustang money you can get Cayman in Europe. So, take a guess

The 718 Cayman starts at 54,000 Euros here, that's about what you pay for a Mustang GT with all available extras. In contrast, you get a completely naked Porsche for the money without any extras. Bring it up to the spec level of the Mustang, and you'll probably pay 70,000 Euros. And you still only get a miniscule 4-cylinder turbo from VW instead of a 5-liter V8.

Apart from that, maintenance costs at Porsche are ridiculous. Inspections are about three times more expensive than at Ford.

@Crazyjeeper: Great car, great color! Thumbs up!

Holy shit...I never thought I would see a Stevie T video outside of the Kiesel BBS. :lol:

The 718 Cayman starts at 54,000 Euros here, that's about what you pay for a Mustang GT with all available extras. In contrast, you get a completely naked Porsche for the money without any extras. Bring it up to the spec level of the Mustang, and you'll probably pay 70,000 Euros. And you still only get a miniscule 4-cylinder turbo from VW instead of a 5-liter V8.

Apart from that, maintenance costs at Porsche are ridiculous. Inspections are about three times more expensive than at Ford.

@Crazyjeeper: Great car, great color! Thumbs up!

Yes but the small engine in the Parsh is due to displacement taxing, right? If Porsche was American, I doubt they'd be reducing their engine sizes with each revision.

6 months later, finally got to the first service. It still hadn't pinged me to change the oil but I was starting to get nervous with it at 5300 on the clock so I took it in.

All is well and I surprisingly still have 6/32nds of rear tire left.

i-HMSNrS2-X2.jpg

The first service here is due after 1 year or 15,000 km... whichever comes first... There have been discussions about whether it would make sense to go earlier or go after what the car tells you... but it has been made clear by Ford that what counts is what's written in the service manual... and that's 1 year or 15,000 km here.

How much did you pay? First service here (including oil change) cost me roughly 200 Euros.

I was away when this was announced so I missed it. Fantastic purchase, and I love the colour.

Now come this way so we can have a photoshoot with my maroon coloured beast!:devilish:

I've been servicing the Mustang every 5k miles since new (currently at 65000). For the Fiesta, I personally did the first oil change at 1500 miles and plan on doing the next one at 10k (currently at 8800).

Addendum: The Mustangs been getting Motorcraft Synth Blend at dealers while the Fiesta got Royal Purple Full Synth. Now that my service plan for the Mustang is up and I'll be doing oil changes myself, I'll likely move it over to a full synth oil too, though jury is still out on which.

Last edited:
Yes but the small engine in the Parsh is due to displacement taxing, right? If Porsche was American, I doubt they'd be reducing their engine sizes with each revision.
Not displacement. CO2 regs in EU.

China taxes displacement.

The first service here is due after 1 year or 15,000 km... whichever comes first... There have been discussions about whether it would make sense to go earlier or go after what the car tells you... but it has been made clear by Ford that what counts is what's written in the service manual... and that's 1 year or 15,000 km here.

How much did you pay? First service here (including oil change) cost me roughly 200 Euros.

$55 at my local dealer. I know they say it will go further, and it would probably be fine, but I just can't bring myself to wait longer. I do also give it a solid thrashing pretty much every time I start it. :D

I was away when this was announced so I missed it. Fantastic purchase, and I love the colour.

Now come this way so we can have a photoshoot with my maroon coloured beast!:devilish:

Thanks Jim! Your crimson beast did not help me resist buying this one.

I've been servicing the Mustang every 5k miles since new (currently at 65000). For the Fiesta, I personally did the first oil change at 1500 miles and plan on doing the next one at 10k (currently at 8800).

Addendum: The Mustangs been getting Motorcraft Synth Blend at dealers while the Fiesta got Royal Purple Full Synth. Now that my service plan for the Mustang is up and I'll be doing oil changes myself, I'll likely move it over to a full synth oil too, though jury is still out on which.
I been using liqui moly, been good to me

Nearly 4 months in now, still in love with Scarlet.

I bought her some special plates.

If you don't get it...

Ha ha ha! I saw the plate, quickly opened up a tab to go find that video, copied the URL, came back here, scrolled down, and saw that you already had it in your post. :lol:

Nearly 4 months in now, still in love with Scarlet.

I bought her some special plates.

i-hVzWqSG-X2.jpg

If you don't get it...

How did I miss this post?
Hahahahaha

Damn how did I miss this. Lookin good!

100% this is the best colour for a Mustang. It's the colour I wanted to get.

Just had the 2nd oil change done at 9800 miles. Dealer reports I still have 4/32nd rear tread left.

When I pulled up to drop it off, the guys working there were asking me about the color and the wheels. I've seen another with the color, but not another one with these wheels. I want to get my Mardi Report so I can see if it's 1 of 7 or something stupid like that.