XenForo beta feedback

Yes please, 1200px is way too narrow, as in Nabster's screenshot shown. It has to be at least double that.

I sort of feel like defining the max width in terms of a set pixel dimension may be the wrong way to go about it. Is it possible to simply define it as a percentage of the window width instead? To throw out a completely not thought through or researched number, say max width 90% which would allow an even but not too large of a gap for framing regardless of width. Maybe this is too future thinking, but who's to say what resolution becomes common and accepted? I still occasionally come across those older websites with the "Best viewed in Internet Explorer at 800x600 resolution" line in the footer and chuckle every time.

I'd say using percent is the way to go. If the CSS is janky and breaks when using a percentage I can give it a look.

I just set it to 100%. You can resize your browser if you want it narrower.

Viper007Bond;n3549996 said:
For those complaining about the mobile theme, like most modern websites, there is no such thing. Instead the site is responsive so that it works on any screen size. Resize your desktop browser to see for yourself.

I understand that, but is there a way to get it to not do that? I don't want it to resize becuase I have a small screen..... if I wanted that, I'd use tapatalk. I don't like dumbed down websites since many of the options I use are removed.

CrzRsn;n3550087 said:
I understand that, but is there a way to get it to not do that? I don't want it to resize becuase I have a small screen..... if I wanted that, I'd use tapatalk. I don't like dumbed down websites since many of the options I use are removed.

I have a tab open for this forum on my chrome for android, and "request desktop site" is constantly on and working without ever having to tell it again. Works the same for me on the XF beta site. But I even prefer the mobile view there since it removes the silly boxes on the site. It's just lacking the subforums links, which I hope is merely a click to turn on. Other than that, the mobile website behaves for me just like the desktop version and stretches full width, just moves said boxes to the bottom.

thomas;n3550088 said:
I have a tab open for this forum on my chrome for android, and "request desktop site" is constantly on and working without ever having to tell it again. Works the same for me on the XF beta site. But I even prefer the mobile view there since it removes the silly boxes on the site. It's just lacking the subforums links, which I hope is merely a click to turn on. Other than that, the mobile website behaves for me just like the desktop version and stretches full width, just moves said boxes to the bottom.

Request desktop site on my iPhone just redirects back to the mobile sized version.

Much better! Any chance we can get the old red and grey colors and gear icon set of the old site?

Last edited:
argatoga;n3550324 said:
Much better! Any chance we can get the old red and grey colors and gear icon set of the old site?

We can worry about cosmetic stuff when we do the real migration. We'll be moving hosting at the same time to slim down on costs.

Attachments are supposed to be disabled but I did it the wrong way. I don't want to deal with the space usage.

ninjacoco;n3552027 said:
Can we get the old color scheme back?

When we do the real migration, we will.

Woo!

What affects the reaction score? whats positive and whats negative? what's it for? why is it? who is it?

What affects the reaction score? whats positive and whats negative? what's it for? why is it? who is it?
Should be based upon the "likes" and "dislikes" for post reactions. Or golf balls. Something like that.
/shrug

You really need to update your signature picture.

This post by Redliner just made me realise that the forums still has got signatures - except that I can't see them, apparently. Is there any setting to enable them? So far, I haven't found it ...