The "i made dis" thread

For a first time trying to draw my face since, I believe, 1995, I'm pretty happy with this self-portrait homework assignment, especially since it was drawn "live" in front of a mirror, and not from a photo.
1682925744606.png

Last edited:
Will you turn water into wine at the next Ring Meet?

The police will not have a problem identifying you. 😂

The nice thing about having such easily identifiable hair, is: it's what people remember. I could shave, and be a completely different person in the time it takes to run to my getaway car. Someone clean shaven doesn't have that luxury without some sort of disguise. 😅

The nice thing about having such easily identifiable hair, is: it's what people remember. I could shave, and be a completely different person in the time it takes to run to my getaway car. Someone clean shaven doesn't have that luxury without some sort of disguise. 😅
No one has seen me without a beard since some time in the 1990s. If I ever need to disappear the beard will go - I won't even recognize myself.

No one has seen me without a beard since some time in the 1990s. If I ever need to disappear the beard will go - I won't even recognize myself.
When I was 4-5, my dad shaved his off because of rule changes with the fire department/insurance. He did it while I was in school. When he was waiting for me at the bus stop after school, I didn't recognize him and didn't want to get off the bus and go with him. Thankfully it was a small enough town that the bus driver was also the town barber, and he was the one who gave my dad his haircut and shave, so he was sure that this stranger was my dad. 🤣

I am about the same. I have shaved mine a few times since the early 2000s, but always stop shaving after a few days. I recently cut it for length, so I look less like Rip Van Winkle.

For a graphic design class, we had to make a fake "Facebook ad" for some imaginary entity. I was scrolling through my own photos for inspiration and came across this photo of the castle I took in the 90s while I happened to have The Shining playing in the background, and was inspired to make an ad for some parallel universe where The Shining happened in Germany.

Yes, I realize "übersehen" isn't likely the right equivalent word for "overlook" in this context, but to make it clear that it was German, it needed an umlaut of course.

Made in Photoshop. I don't know why it's playing so fast, though. It's slower, and looks better, from within Photoshop.

The orange text is meant to look a bit like a neon light flickering to life. I found a free "The Shining" logo font, but it was only free because it was a trial version with the "Q" and "O" letters replaced by a "DEMO" icon, so I had to draw the "O". Oh, and they had no umlaut, so I had to fake that.

View: https://i.imgur.com/JL8dbD0.mp4

Yes, I realize "übersehen" isn't likely the right equivalent word for "overlook" in this context, but to make it clear that it was German, it needed an umlaut of course.

You could change it to “Das Hotel zur Schönen Aussicht“. Sounds much more like an actual hotel name, you get an umlaut as well as an sch and the name is very quaint, thereby adding some irony.

For the final project in that class, we were to make a poster using at least 5 techniques or tools from the semester, with a "social/political issue" theme. So I made a spoof poster (because I can never take anything seriously) based on a Mr. show sketch.

View: https://youtu.be/GTJ3LIA5LmA
Screenshot_20230524-012024_Canvas Student.jpg

Today's assignment "Using at least 3 photos you took yourself, create an intresting composite photo demonstrating an example of 2-point perspective."

I should probably not be doing homework at 3am.

1710411019834.png

Last edited:
What? No. We can't stop here. This is turtle country.