TopGear.com Makes Video Clips UK Only

thank you Viper!

and to those having problems, remember this is for topgear.com/uk/videos NOT bbc.co.uk/topgear

Hey that's great. I enjoyed catching up on all the old extras from your site and was wondering if you were still around. It's where I go when I want a random good laugh but don't have an hour for an episode. Thanks for that.

thank you Viper!

and to those having problems, remember this is for topgear.com/uk/videos NOT bbc.co.uk/topgear

is there any code for bbc2? :( i dont like to wait for the torrent on sunday

is there any code for bbc2? :( i dont like to wait for the torrent on sunday
You'd need to use a proxy to fake a UK ip adress - google will help you find one.

Is there such a way to watch video in bbc iplayer without using British proxies?

Is it possible for someone to put the outtakes from bbc.co.uk iPlayer in a torrent? i'm a total PC noob, so i have no idea about proxy's and whatnot. I did get the greasemonkey thingy to work! Thanks Viper!

Well he said he did get the Greasemonkey script to work, thus he can view the topgear.com videos and wouldn't need them torrented up.

It says "Top Gear Series 13 Episode 2" ... I'd guess that means it's Top Gear, Series 13, Episode 2.

At first I thought the script was not working, the page was stuck at "Loading Player", but I just realised that the problem is Adblock Plus. Disabled it, and now it works :D

Last edited:
Is there not a Greasemonkey-type script for the iPlayer on bbc.co.uk or the other videos posted on topgear.com (like this one of the Scirocco song, which isn't working for me even though the script lets me bypass the region code on most of the other clips posted)?

Just wondering. If all else fails, figuring out how to use the proxies > homework, haha.

A Greasemonkey script alone won't combat the evil iPlayer.

What you need is either a full UK proxy (can be annoying to find/slow/keep going when some go offline all the time) or a web proxy and a magic program that will translate only the ticket requests for the proxy and lets the rest go directly without a proxy.

Is there not a Greasemonkey-type script for the iPlayer on bbc.co.uk or the other videos posted on topgear.com (like this one of the Scirocco song, which isn't working for me even though the script lets me bypass the region code on most of the other clips posted)?

If the Scirocco video isn't working for you, try reloading the page; or clear your cache and cookies, restart your browser, and try watching the video again. You shouldn't need two scripts for the TG site.