Ownership Verified: That time FinalGear bought a Munich Roadster (MX-5) to drive from Germany to Finland

Electrical smoke? I didn't know the Miata had Lucas electronics. :p
Now seriously: I like the look on the steelies. :nod:

EDIT: Ninja'd.

tGV0Nvl.jpg

G69TYAI.jpg

Washed the car by hand and powerwash + cleaning solution, with a friend. Found some scratches near the antenna hole, but otherwise the car came out looking like a million bucks. Especially since I could clean out the really grimy fuel cap hole.

Of course, before the wash the car really acted up, failing to start, just cranking and cranking. Went back in and had a cup of coffee, and after that my friend there got it started. It runs like ass when started warm, and then it usually cleans up its act. After saunaing, I drove home and it really went like a charm, hitting the high notes without issue. Whatever it is that causes trouble, it's intermittent.

Probably something electrical/sensory... or a bad ground... If it was mechanical, the car would not run good at all.

The tax papers came in, and according to the customs' calculations the average sales price for a 1993 MX-5 is 4267 eur here, and the taxation value about 3ke. The end result of this is 639 eur of import tax, or 83% of what the car cost :lol:

Of course, they do not compare it to the 770 eur purchase price, or even the 999 eur that covers D-Fence's insurance + export plates + battery expenses, but still. I filed a complaint today and had the dents and general damage (o7) photographed at the customs authority.

http://www.nettiauto.com/mazda/mx-5/7072369 They probably used this as a comparison.

Good luck. I got 70? off and my track whore had been crashed, front bumper, wing, door, hard top were fu*k'd plus rrar bumper had bump.

Yeah, I only saw it the way that filing a complaint and having some photos taken didn't take a lot of my time, so I might as well put in a little effort if it will result in a small cashback.

TvmTrTL.jpg

1fSVQ5Y.jpg

Flipped the plates and glued the sticker ID:s on them. Could have removed the front mount and just glued the front one on the bumper, but didn't feel like it.

wC5Sh5l.jpg

I also hoovered the interior and discarded the floormats for the foreseeable future. I should still spray the seats and use a bacteria killing, cigarette smoke erasing product.

nkYlJgJ.jpg

Ugh, trampled chocolate.

nKpILWx.jpg

Funny money!

OUR1bbV.jpg

This is how the ashtray location will look...

Bsmnw4v.jpg

Because of this rancidness. Jesus.

P5XGvaM.jpg

Ah, memories.

PPxSp6c.jpg

The Y-join in the washer hoses had crumbled, so I removed it and used a straight spare join so at least the driver side jet gets water.

I then went to buy some fuel and put this on:

Perfect driving music :cool:

What currency is that?

Impressive! That's the filthiest ashtray I have ever seen in a car. Otherwise the interior seems to be nice for the price.

Yeah, we lost one or two z?oty coins at one tool booth.

The Ashtray really was nasty. That's why I told Antti on day one to get a new one ;)

Impressive! That's the filthiest ashtray I have ever seen in a car. Otherwise the interior seems to be nice for the price.

The Ashtray really was nasty. That's why I told Antti on day one to get a new one ;)

The matter has been rectified!

jp37edh.jpg

eW5nu7H.jpg

Cup for scale, of course.

MZBjBPi.jpg

Also a pair of used strike plates. Worn, but a little better than the old ones, especially the left hand one.

gW8hwuF.jpg

And a pair of drop links. They were so weedy, it's no wonder they snap.

The hooks that the convertible top latches grab on. The driver side one is more worn so you have to latch the passenger side one first and pay attention that the driver side one closes properly, so it's not a loose_unit at highway speeds.