[02x11] February 28th, 2012

• Total voters

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
Please stay on-topic. :)

Nothing too special but not bad at all. :)

First 9 I've given a TGUS episode. Nothing particularly noteworthy, but all together it had some hilarious moments. Haven't laughed that hard in a while.

This was a good episode. Not spectacular, but good nonetheless.
Overall it was enjoyable and I had a few laughs.

8/10

First off, I must say that I am impressed with the response time on getting the new episode threads up this season.

Secondly, if the Ariel Atom knocking the Fiesta off the top of the leaderboard in an episode sponsored by Ford doesn't silence the critics, I don't know what will.

What the hell is that digital Power lap board? Not okay. That said, the segments thus far have been pretty great. I love the Corvair and I'm happy it's getting some spotlight.

Why is a digital lap board not okay?

Meanwhile, so happy about the Atom knocking off Tanner's Fiesta. :dance:

Overall, hilarious episode. :nod:

it was brilliant! demolition derby, race track shenanigans, and Joey ZaZa. and i like how they keep filming most of these segments in my area. i'm less than 30 min from Willow Springs. finally, a reason for me to like the Antelope Valley...even if it did take 20 years to figure that out.

So, take cars and destroy them is the best they can come up with? This was on par with the abysmal Mustang Worship Hour they had last week.

Why is a digital lap board not okay?

I so would like one of the hosts to knock that down and get electrocuted by it. Preferably Wood.

Meanwhile, so happy about the Atom knocking off Tanner's Fiesta. :dance:

That Fiesta shouldn't have been placed on the board period. If I can't go to my Ford Dealer and buy one off the lot, then it's an ineligible car.

nice funny episode 8/10
good to see the atom on top (the fiesta shouldn't even be there)
the scripted pinto fire at the end couldn't detract from a good episode

That Fiesta shouldn't have been placed on the board period.

Adam said exactly the same thing when they were teasing Tanner about it being beaten.

And to be fair, the US version never laid out strict rules about what can and can't go on the leaderboard. We all assume it should follow TG:UK's rules, but they've never explicitly said what is and isn't eligible for theirs. As long as they don't fill the thing up with race cars (although, come to think of it, that could be kind of interesting as well) I don't mind too much.

As for the episode, I genuinely enjoyed it. I hated to see them destroy that Corvair, but I had a lot of fun watching the process. Their power lap of the Atom went much smoother as well, and seemed less awkward. Plus, I definitely enjoyed watching Adam fumble his way around the track (I didn't realize he was THAT bad), and yelled "YES!" out loud when I saw Boris Said's goofy self on the TV. Overall a great, solid episode. The only downside was Rutledge's 8-wheeled Corvair, which knocked it down a point or two.

Last edited:
Entertaining episode.. not as good as the last few, but still very good.. 8/10

Digital lap board rocks! :D

I thoroughly enjoyed the episode. The cheap car challenge was probably one of their best ones, especially with the uniqueness of it. The segment with the Atom was nice as well, seeing Adam learn to improve his driving skills. Best episode of the season so far. 9/10 :)

Did anyone else notice how when they are at the hanger between segments their cars are seemingly intact? Obviously they must have had at least two sets of cars, or they filmed the hanger scenes before the competitions.

Adam's deer in the headlight approach to handling skids was probably my favorite part. The training session he did was okay, but I felt they could have gotten more into the driving techniques themselves rather than simply focusing on Adam's progression. His lack of skid control also made me think it'd be cool if they got someone (maybe even Tanner) to give him some car control/skid recovery training.

I have to say that this is the first episode that I really enjoyed. Maybe because I've owned/driven two of the cars in the challenge (Pinto and the Zuk).
At first, I thought bumping into Adam's Pinto was too much like James May getting bumped in all the UK challenges, but I started laughing at Adam's reaction when they kept doing it.

I was impressed that Tanner was able to skunk the other two in the initial race (until he flipped). The Samurai only gets 65hp out of it's 1.3L (even less if it had AC), so "quick" is not in it's vocabulary.