Ownership Verified: 2023 Renault Twizy, or: Calimero the amusing commuter egg

^ One of the good things about a Jeep Wrangler is that somehow your parking expenses will go down to zero:
hehe.gif

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VF0LLEVZL0k
In the same half-legal vein, "they say, you cannot filter with the Twizy", I beg to differ: :LOL:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f84c2Yc-kO4The reason for this traffic jam are roadworks further ahead with a one lane only temporary traffic light. Also the reason why I didn't go all the way forward tho the light is the fact that shortly before said traffic light is a roundabout where the cars naturally stop bumper to bumper and hence it's almost impossible for me to swiftly zip back in line . - I also could shoot along the left of the jam (the road is wide enough to allow it) but there the risk is very high because sometimes some people will loose patience with the jam and then they suddenly turn around out of the column, only looking ahead, without any use of the mirrors = Kaboom! - I leave that shattering experience to the bikers. :LOL:

Have you checked whether that kind of mileage is some sort of record or something? 🤣
I bet I'm close to the top. Bare in mind there are Twizys around with way over 100'000km (62'000mi+), but they probably used more than just 5 years to reach that, which I will do if I use the little bucket in the same manner like I did during this first year. :)

^ Btw, I posted that undertaking clip in a german Twizy forum and naturally all I got was "Das ist verboten!" (This is not allowed!). :ROFLMAO: - Of course it is, but my point was that it was possible. :LOL:

Anyway, in a more legal note: 20'000km (12'500mi) done in 11 months (bought on April 21th 2023), and reached this milestone even before it's first annual service:
Screenshot-2024-03-30-180929.png

^ Btw, I posted that undertaking clip in a german Twizy forum and naturally all I got was "Das ist verboten!" (This is not allowed!). :ROFLMAO: - Of course it is, but my point was that it was possible. :LOL:

Funny, since i witness ever day how Germans sit in the fucking left lane. Ive gotten some people move over when i underpass them. I only do it to prove a point, i know the rules and it pisses me off how Germans will puff their chest out how they’re better drivers.

• Haha
Reactions: lip
^ Not just better drivers, better people! :ROFLMAO:

Are they the 1985 Chicago Bears? Or the Chicago Bulls of the 90‘s? 😁

Funny, since i witness ever day how Germans sit in the fucking left lane. Ive gotten some people move over when i underpass them. I only do it to prove a point, i know the rules and it pisses me off how Germans will puff their chest out how they’re better drivers.
When we came home from holidays in NL there was a very marked and noticeable shift the literal second you go over the border. Suddenly everybody drives like the biggest asshole on the planet…

When we came home from holidays in NL there was a very marked and noticeable shift the literal second you go over the border. Suddenly everybody drives like the biggest asshole on the planet…

This has increasingly been getting on my nerves.

When I am i Germany it amazes me how motorists, unlike here in Finland, know how to use the throttle. Here, people are brought up thinking that "safe driving" is driving slower than everyone else. No mirrors or lane discipline, that's not important, but going slow is. I know people that spend their entire time behind the wheel staring at the speedometer and micro-managing the throttle to make sure they don't exceed the limit, actually braking to make sure they don't exceed the new upcoming lower speed limit, etc. I'm sure these people don't see anything wrong with joining the freeway going 30 under, making everyone behind them to have to throw the anchor. Because they did it the safe way. In Germany, little old blue-haired ladies in 1-liter Polos get on the Autobahn with their foot welded to the floor and 2.0TDI company car drivers fight with Porsches in the left lane because they're late for work. It's amazing to see.

Anyway, to get back on topic. Anyone that thinks an EV isn't good for anything other than driving to the closest shop and back should read this thread. You're clocking up more kilometers in a plastic egg than I am in a 2.0 TDI with tri-zone A/C, adaptive cruise control and ErgoComfort seats.

This week I postponed the appointment for changing to summer tires to the following week... good call, as this was the situation today: :blink:

Screenshot-20240421-134603-Gallery.jpg

Screenshot-20240421-134615-Gallery.jpg

Btw, the weather forecast for today had rain... not snow! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
^ That was properly wierd today, it felt like it was snowing in the summer, because before midday all was still lush green, but from noon on it was suddenly January again: :ROFLMAO:

20240421-124327-0.jpg

20240421-125551-0.jpg

20240421-125955.jpg

I love this thing so much. Still incredibly jealous.

• Haha
Reactions: lip
So, first annual service done, at 21'300km (13'230mi), almost exactly 1 year to the day after the purchase. - What had to be done?:
  • Topping up a spoonful of braking fluid
  • Cleaning of battery terminals (were already a bit corroded, probably because I concreted the battery and its surroundings with slush from time to time, whilst playing snowplow) :ROFLMAO:
  • 2 of the 4 screws of the battery carrier (or battery tray) had to be tightened again (presumably loosend due to heavy mechanical stress when grounding it at full speed on uncleared winter roads)
That was it.

Brakes, says the friendly Renault man, are still fine, no problem, despite of me bombing around with the little bucket every day like there is no tomorrow. We'll take another look at them again during the winter tire change, at the end of autumn.

Conclusion 1: Absolute peanuts.
:laugh:

Conclusion 2: IknowIknow the Twizy is not designed for hardcore winter service, so (mis)using it all year round like I do for sure will take a chip off its lifespan, but that's what I'm already doing anyway the way I'm staking up the kilometers/miles. ;)

Last edited: