FinalGear Ringmeet 2010 - 14th-15th August 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm off(-line) now, tomorrow in the morning I won't check the forums but start immediately. At 8 o'clock I'll pick up swek and we'll be on our way. :)

Last edited:
Homer messaged me, he is ill :(
Will see doc tomorrow and maybe join in later... :((

No I guess I won't make it to the ring this weekend ...

This sucks ... last year my car failed me ... this year I'm ill ... shouldn't plan ahead anymore when you get old ...

Have fun and don't crash your cars ... or at least take a cool video if you do

Greetings
Michael

OK, Printing out my google map and then signing off... I'll leave my Mac with my girlfriend, which means i am computerless for the first time in a year... Scary.

i would love to to come but.... meh :p don't have any friends on here to drive with and i would look like such a dork for driving a billion km's alone to visit some "internet friends" :lol:

Last edited:
I'll be there for the OGP tomorrow (Saturday) to meet up with some X1/9 people...if you see a beige Mercedes /8 with LM-plates or a "slightly used" dark-blue BMW E28 with OF-plates, honk!

Two years ago you could visit the racetrack without paying after about 5 o'clock since all the security left...not sure if it still works.

Last edited:
Departure time to the ring is still a mystery, so just look out for a group of people with many final gear shirts :O
Everyone is alive and awake so we should start the journey soon.
Except Ice-bone, he needs to fix his clutch :( somehow...but how hard can it be?

I'm here already, but noone else is! :(

Made it home safe and sound at 3:40 pm... when did i take off? I had a shower on the way from the campsite, so i'd estimate a takeoff time at around 9:30am... not too bad for such a slow car.

More thoughts later tonight.

That's quick.

I was home at about 11:45 am, after delivering Shad and filling up my tank (couldn't resists the "low" prices, so tomorrow fuel will be even cheaper less expensive.

I left at 9:30 and was home at 12:20. Took some more time than expected as i nearly drowned the first 100km on the autobahn and wasn't able to go much faster than 130kph. The meet was very nice and even if it was only from saturday 10:30 to sunday 9:30 for me, it was still worth it! Oh and one important verdict: Yes, you can! Sleep in a 1-series that is.

I arrived at home safe and sound yesterday night. That was really fun, it was great to get an opportunity to put some faces to the avatars (although I still can't identify everyone).

Last edited:
At 10:00 am we (Kip and me) went to the ring to find nobody there, so we drank a large coffee and @ 12:15 drove back to NL. once in nl we had a quick whoppper menu in and i arrived home @ 16:30

especailly saturday was a great day indeed! well done for the guys who organised the scenery trip!

That's quick.

I don't know, maybe i set off even earlier and i only took one ten-minute break for fuel and some junk food.

In general, it was a brilliant weekend with some awesome people. Will return next year.

I learnt that i need to bring a lot more things next time so i don't have to bum from other people all the time... I also learnt what happens if you don't get out of the way of russians on the ring, that the correct order is first a ring lap, then bratwurst, not the other way round and that Finns make awesome navigators. Will upload photos later.

And of course, i learnt how much i still hate camping and one should not drink stuff from Slovenia.

EDIT: As Semt-X said, the scenic drive was more than just brilliant. Thanks a lot for the effort put into it!

I'm back at home, too, after picking up a guy who came with us on friday (via an agency for arranging rides), about 350 km of rain and some traffic jams because of crashes (one of it involved a 997 Turbo from Switzerland which was partly underneath a guard rail at the left lane). Now I'm knackered and just calm down from the 8 hour drive...

Anyway, the meeting was awesome, the scenic drive even more than everything else, and my car finally got two laps of the 'ring, second one was the better with 11:44 min bridge-to-gantry, not that bad I think for a 16 year old, 115 hp Audi 80 with a driver who doesn't really know the way round...

especailly saturday was a great day indeed! well done for the guys who organised the scenery trip!

EDIT: As Semt-X said, the scenic drive was more than just brilliant. Thanks a lot for the effort put into it!

Yeah, the drive was really great, even as a passenger. Thanks again to all those who came up with it, and especially S?dschleife's sacrifice of his front lip to find the very best route to take. :D

I really enjoyed riding with Kip in his schmoking Saab 'round the Ring as well. :mrgreen:

My thanks go out to the organizers of the event as such as well as the rally and everything around this weekend. And my personal thanks to DanRoM and thomas for taking me around the Ring. I would lie if I said that I wasn't scared at times, but it still was great fun! :cool:

Finally made it home. 50 metres in front of my home a broken storm drain caused the mother of all puddles and I flooded the engine compartment driving through it. Engine stalled and doesn't start anymore, let's hope it will once dried. I had hoped the broken front lip during the scouting mission for the road rallye would be all, so what's the casualty count for Ringmeet 2010? 1 BMW, 1 SEAt, 1 Opel, 1 VW ?

Anyway, I had fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.