Herpaderp and general screw-ups thread

I sill do that as an adult. :D

And "MuhahaHAHAHAHAhaha"! :D

Did you ever talk into a fan for fun as a kid? xD

We have these at work:

ventilator_dyson_am03-wh__8307.jpg

Talking through it makes no difference so I compensate by sticking my head through it. :|

Are you calling Matt an egghead?

Technically it isn't. :p The blades are in the base and that's where the air is sucked into the device, then it's ramped up the stand and exits in the "circle". That then creates negative pressure, which sucks the ambient air through as well.

Dude, spoiler tags! You've just ruined the Dyson Air Multiplier for me forever.

And don't even talk to me about Santy Claus...... :mad:

Technically it isn't. :p The blades are in the base and that's where the air is sucked into the device, then it's ramped up the stand and exits in the "circle". That then creates negative pressure, which sucks the ambient air through as well.

Yeah it's a con. When I first saw them in action I thought it was induction of some kind like ion drive but nope. The intakes get very dusty so close to the ground and I should imagine the internal workings do too. Clever design nonetheless.

Just hacked up a cheap aftermarket intake system to make a short ram intake for the MR2. Install it, close the engine lid, start...

Hmm, why did it sputter out and die?

Oh I know, I didn't block off the optional breather pipe.

Still dying.

Well, I can't drive it to my alignment like this, so I'll reinstall the normal intake system.

Wait...is the MAF sensor pointed backwards?

Yes. Flip the intake piping, now it works fine, except the MAF sensor is now on the bottom of the intake tubing.

Apparently spilling water on a wireless keyboard is a bad thing. Doing it at the same time as knocking over the tablet is just plain comedy gold. So many things to catch and so few hands. My pants got soaked too.

Keyboard mostly works though, and the tablet has another battle wound. Hoping a night in front of the fan will dry out the keyboard.

Update on the keyboard. It still is not working properly. Broke out an old PS/2 keyboard and I am not amused at all. Hopefully it will be able to be saved, but I miss the wireless KB already.

Had to bring a bus home last night for an early start close to home this morning. Dad told me which bus to take, so I did, and all was fine.
Until I woke up this morning, and found a note, telling me he'd given me the wrong bus, and so as soon as I dropped the group off at their destination, I had to drive back to the yard and swap buses, just to drive back out to pick them up again.
That normally would have been fine, except it was 100km each way, and cost an extra $25 in tolls.

Welp...

I just installed the spider-app on my (work) iPhone 4S by attempting to jog after it has been raining earlier today while it was below freezing in the last days...

Ah well, the iPhone is more than 3 years old anyway (got it November 2012) and before christmas my boss asked if I wanted a new phone...