How I Would ImproveTGUS on the HISTORY channel, and Ensure the Future of TGUS episode

It has been waiting for someone to suggest the addition of scantily clad, well-endowed women? :huh:
Oh Yeah bring em on!
TVad-Enzyte-SmilingBob-1.jpg

Someone hasn't been visited by the Juggies.

I despised The Man Show, and I have absolutely no interest in The Car Show. Adam Carolla is an irritating man with an even more irritating voice, Matt Farah is a dill weed who reviewed a Datsun Z kit-car and called it a Ferrari GTO, and Dan Neil hates manual transmissions and has claimed that hydrogen is not the most abundant element in the universe. The appropriate title for The Car Show should be "Douche Bags and Cars."

Last edited:
Top Gear has it. I just watched season 4 episode 1 of Top Gear Australia, they have it. Top Gear USA just doesn't have it.
You hit the nail on the head. TGAUS was bad the first season but even after 2 lineup changes the chemistry is just heaps better than TGUS

I don't get that impression at all. I think the chemistry between Adam, Rut and Tanner is just fine. It's not the same chemistry necessarily as on the other shows but that doesn't make it bad. Either way, we're talking about something that can't be readily defined, and is really just an offshoot of the "which host sucks more?" argument. Let's move it on.

I don't get that impression at all. I think the chemistry between Adam, Rut and Tanner is just fine. It's not the same chemistry necessarily as on the other shows but that doesn't make it bad. Either way, we're talking about something that can't be readily defined, and is really just an offshoot of the "which host sucks more?" argument. Let's move it on.

+1

I like many of the ideas here so far and have a couple more -

1. Get rid of the 'Up next' and 'Here's what you just watched' BS.

2. Get a proper track to test on, driving around amongst the weeds looks like crap. I don't have a decent sense of where things are at. It's as bad as the Russian track was.

3. I like the idea of getting some race drivers on.

4. BSSC - I can't even bring myself to watch it. The interviews are crap. I don't know who 90% of the people are who are being interviewed on TG and TGAus, and yet I am entertained by their interviews.

5. Addressing the it factor - I believe the show is held back by ego. When the three hosts get going it becomes who can out-ego the other, not about whatever the premise was. It's too predictable. Someone will cheat (boring), cars will get bumped (meh), and then someone will ignore what sense of rules there were and negate the whole affair.

The segments focus too much on the hosts, not about the cars. Ego. The statements made about needing an American car to be on top of the board (the Fiesta), boo. Ego. Tanner and Rut on their own seem to be able to appreciate cars other than American, but with all three Adam introduces an ego-bully mentality with his 1970's land yachts where it boils down to USA#1.

6. Which brings me to - get rid of Adam Ferrara. He has some of the curmudgeon presence to be an analog to Clarkson, but he completely lacks the humility. He is the show's poison pill every time.

I don't know who could replace him, but I think it would be very entertaining to have Tom Ford on the US show and have him learn the American car culture, reacts to it, and challenge the ego-centric culture of the current show.

Last edited:
Get a proper track to test on, driving around amongst the weeds looks like crap. I don't have a decent sense of where things are at. It's as bad as the Russian track was.

I have to agree with you about the track. Not so much about the weeds, but that I just don't feel it. I think its because they haven't had that many timed laps or BSSC laps to get a feel for it.

I like the idea of getting some race drivers on.

This. Rut knows a lot of NASCAR drivers (heck Richard Petty gave him a car!). Why not an episode of NASCAR/Small Car? Start their own board, and maybe even have Tanner try it out.

Someone will cheat (boring), cars will get bumped (meh), and then someone will ignore what sense of rules there were and negate the whole affair.

I'm sorry, have you not watched the original Top Gear?

The statements made about needing an American car to be on top of the board (the Fiesta), boo.

Um, before the Fiesta there was an American car on the top of the board: the Viper ACR, with the ZR1 right behind it. It was even ahead of some Lamborghinis and Ferraris. And I point out to you that TGUK currently has two British cars at the top of their board, the Ariel Atom and the McLaren MP4-12C

Which brings me to - get rid of Adam Ferrara. He has some of the curmudgeon presence to be an analog to Clarkson, but he completely lacks the humility. He is the show's poison pill every time.

Clarkson? Humility?!

BWAH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please, no more talk of replacing hosts, there is a different thread for that.

Last edited:
Yeah, unlike Jeremy, Adam isn't "first among equals".

And really, the mothership isn't all "Britain, fuck yeah!" at times? What a load. Go watch Jeremy's E-Type Jag tribute from this past series. Or James's "We are British!...." speech in, I think, 9x04 after Jeremy's review of the Brabus-tuned Mercedes. Or their antics in either the challenge against D-Motor or the Ashes vs. TG Australia. And yes, the top two cars on the UK leaderboard are British.