Last movie you saw?

The French Dispatch
Watched it because I generally enjoy Wes Andersons offerings and was not disappointed. Seems like an entirely unnecessary movie, very relaxing. You have to like the style though, otherwise it’ll just feel like an utter waste of time. I liked it.

One Piece film: RED
Since I have company paid movie tickets to burn off and something this random appeared in theatre of my small town, I had to support their decision to offer it. I know the name of the franchise and know some of the characters by look, but I don't think I've ever seen or read any episodes. In that sense it was a fun experience, not having any idea what to expect. Apart from the empty theatre of course. I was somewhat surprised to see even one person and he needed to come from next town over.. :D

Anyway, the movie was an odd combo of the utopian sea world of pirates, with a bit of magic elements thrown in, with Disney movie levels of sing and dance scenes. The magic of music was quite nicely woven in to the One piece world and I did like the variety of genres available. And for a movie that seems like a side story, there was quite a lot of story to it. Nice watch and I probably need to look further into the franchise now.. :mrgreen:

Sisu
Typically overkill revenge action movie put into WW 2 settings. The cinematography was great and the dark tone is very fitting to last years of the war. The plot is just as straightforward as these kinds of movies are and while not to Marvel movie spec, all effect work is perfectly adequate to keep you in the story. There's quite a lot of gore and I would claim intentionally funny switches between realistic violence and total overkill. I have a feeling this might not be available just anywhere, but as an action movie it's definitely worth seeing.

Black Mirror: Bandersnatch.

I know, I'm a few years late. This was part of my "if Netflix restricts account usage soon, I need to work through my watch list until then" plan.
The movie and the experience deciding which way it goes through "let the protagonist do A or B" at some points is interesting. I feel like it has a lot more potential, though - on the other hand, restricting the actual difference in outcome may be exactly the intention, this is Black Mirror after all.
The setting and story are nicely done, too. Very low-key, but effective.

And no, I won't play through all the possible combinations.

Circle.

It is a simple movie that takes a look at humanity.

7.8/10

Blood Harvest

A serial-murder mystery starring Tiny Tim as a creepy clown.

tumblr_obexzvQa6A1rkivxzo5_400.gif

It has its moments, and the cheese is a lot of the right kind to help keep it watchable if you're into that sort of thing...but if you're not, it's not worth it.

Babylon.

3 hours proving that no one can suck Hollywood's dick better or harder than Hollywood.

Babylon.

3 hours proving that no one can suck Hollywood's dick better or harder than Hollywood.

But, is it worth watching? 😂

But, is it worth watching? 😂
There are some really powerful scenes for most the major players, but overall it's a bit of a mess. The sound editing was noticeably bad and there was way too much Kubrick influence for me. I don't want to say more in case someone does want to see it. Brad Pitt and Margot Robbie were their usual level of fantastic and I think the film did a good job capturing the difficulty silent film stars had in transitioning to the Talkies.

I won't say don't watch it, but know it's Hollywood fleating itself and don't expect it to be a good film - despite the budget and the starts. It was written and directed by the same guy who did La La Land, which has similar themes.

The workaholic husband is too responsible for other people's needs. If he was not obsessive compulsive with people who arent their kid and wife...

The bad side of this is that they do not have quality time for their spouse & kid. I just want to strangle that man's neck.

Thought... damn these Germans really want to dance.
And the Parisians are used to pretty crazy things in traffic. :D

Well, to reply to your general feeling about the film, it felt like they're taking it even more over the top because it's logically the final film of the franchise. It's a good way to end things.
Especially the scenes in the German club felt like a parody - ijn the first film, the club shootout was silly enough but people somewhat reacted to it (at least I seem to remember hat). Here... no. Well, Berlin. They are used to all kinds of shit there. :D But the German gangster boss was such a bad parody that it was good again. JA!

Last edited:
And the Parisians are used to pretty crazy things in traffic. :D

Well, to reply to your general feeling about the film, it felt like they're taking it even more over the top because it's logically the final film of the franchise. It's a good way to end things.

🤣 I'm sure the human body shaped dents will buff out.

Also the radio station in Paris has a W call sign which would be east of the Mississippi. Is that different world wide?

Tag.

Yes, as in tag, you're it! This is a fun movie that will suck you in and make you laugh.

Violent Night

This is Die Hard with a bit of Home Alone, the dysfunctional family from the Ref, meets Miracle On 34th Street. Not a bad way to spend 100 minutes.