New 2008 Subaru Impreza Photos

This is part of a point I wanted to make. Those pictures are of the official WRC concept. The "renderring" posted by jack_christie is basically the same thing only without the wing and gunmetal instead of WRBlue.

So why cant that be what its going to look like?

Not saying it can't look like that, but for the last 10 years the WRC car has only taken the general styling of the car its based on and added all kinds of widening and aero bits to it, so you really can't tell what the stock car will look like from it except in very general terms. After all, Prodrive in england only uses the main body shell, and the rest of the body panels are created from scratch out of composites.

I still am find this car pretty ugly, but I also said that about the current impreza and to be honest its grown on me a bit. I still like my 2004 better by a long shot though.

JH

Someone at work has one-- none of the body panels match in color. Supposed to be silver, but the doors are randomly shaded different, along with the hood being darker than the fenders.

Then you don't get the Japanese mindset. ;) If there was a weirdness ranking among countries, Japan would be number one with a bullet followed by Germany.

Yes, Germany.

Would you care to explain? I see myself (or mainly the country in live in) on the same level as all countries of the western hemisphere....maybe with a few odds here and there:D

I'm actually starting to like the new Impreza... It's growing on me... But i think they should have changed the name.

I'm actually starting to like the new Impreza... It's growing on me... But i think they should have changed the name.

I like the STi renderings, but thats it. The normal and WRX variations look incredibly cheap, boring, and forgettable. It really looks like the Daewoo hatch running around here, I cant be bother to learn Daewoo names though.

I like the STi renderings, but thats it. The normal and WRX variations look incredibly cheap, boring, and forgettable. It really looks like the Daewoo hatch running around here, I cant be bother to learn Daewoo names though.
I've seen a few of these, living in an area where Corolla, Camry, Civic and Accord are popular it blends in very well except if its the Subaru blue paint, thats the only way I spotted them. If there were more Mazda3s in blue however I likely won't notice them anymore.

Funny to see a RHD on German Plates. Depending upon how it drives may be OK, it has grown on me a bit too. I have not, as yet, seen one in the flesh obviously but that will be my 'acid' test.

Last edited:
^i saw an Impreza "in the flesh" and that's when i started to like them..

Sorry, I'm trying to like it, but I just can't. It's not my style.

Funny to see a RHD on German Plates. Depending upon how it drives may be OK, it has grown on me a bit too. I have not, as yet, seen one in the flesh obviously but that will be my 'acid' test.
Just as funny as a British Car with LHD, seriously, RHD cars are not that uncommon, especially classics like a Jag or a Morris can be seen quite often with RHD. There are also a few Focus or other very common cars with RHD in Germany. I wouldn't mind having one myself.

I've seen a couple of Impreza hatches around (Live close to a Subaru dealer) and I have to say, it's not nearly as bad as in the photos!

I saw the real one(white/pearl white color, 18" rims, upgraded mesh) and it looked really nice until I went to check the back....those taillights need to go asap !

I saw the real one(white/pearl white color, 18" rims, upgraded mesh) and it looked really nice until I went to check the back....those taillights need to go asap !

local dealership here has several 5 door hatches and 4 door sedans, even with the improved front grille mesh...the cars just look absolutely terrible on the outside.

what have they done... oh my god... ohhh mmmyyy god... its so ugly now... *cries*

I love the 2006 look so much... especially the japanese STI version (2.0) with the front lip and low spoiler.

What have they done....

well good thing is, the 06 will probably get cheaper then ;)