Random Thoughts....

my smypathies to all those who lost loved ones... seems to be a fatal time of the year

I...am a morning person. :blink:
...for that, too

To balance things out, today could well be the start to one of the most awesome decisive weeks in my life. I've got a dream job almost secured and now I'm waiting to find out which of my university applications has gone through. :mrgreen:

Last edited:
Blokes will wholly disagree wi' me on this, but the "hot" girls who go in costume to conventions are pathetic in my opinion. I thought it were about representing the character you're supposed to be dressed as, not slagging it up enough to be considered for indecent exposure.

Yes and no really on that one. I think its more the ones who you can tell have put a lot of effort into their costumes and so on. put extra details and go that extra mile to create a somewhat authentic look.

Yes and no really on that one. I think its more the ones who you can tell have put a lot of effort into their costumes and so on. put extra details and go that extra mile to create a somewhat authentic look.

Well sort of. But you're right you can tell who has gone for authenticity rather than the standard "Halloween Slut" approach. Which winds me up summat chronic. If the character has what would be seen as an incredibly revealing outfit then yeah. But as for the ones that don't, I don't see why they have to be tarted out. 'Cause there are people out there, including meself that can appreciate craftsmanship and accuracy.

I'll admit it: I stared at her...mid area with my head tilted to the right for a good five minutes.

Um yum yummy.

Blokes will wholly disagree wi' me on this, but the "hot" girls who go in costume to conventions are pathetic in my opinion. I thought it were about representing the character you're supposed to be dressed as, not slagging it up enough to be considered for indecent exposure.
Bear in mind these are the same sort of girls who dress like that on a day to day basis anyway. Just an opportunity to dress as a themed whore for them! :lol:

Their existence does not bother me, they are nice to look at, nothing more.

edit- Also it could be their job.

edit2- Jay beat me. :(

Last edited:
But what if they are cosplaying as someone slutty?

Many are amateur/professional models paid to do so, or doing it to been seen by a modeling agency.

Many are amateur/professional models paid to do so, or doing it to been seen by a modeling agency.

Thus spake Obi-Wan Twitcher! :bow:

Bear in mind these are the same sort of girls who dress like that on a day to day basis anyway. Just an opportunity to dress as a themed whore for them! :lol:

Their existence does not bother me, they are nice to look at, nothing more.

edit- Also it could be their job.

edit2- Jay beat me. :(

Not all of them. In fact only a select few. A lot of the cosplaying community agree that there's no such thing as a "professional" cosplayer. They are just models who have been hired by some company to wear an outfit that they haven't even made themselves, an' are stood in front of said company's booth; mainly for experience an' portfolio shots. But then again, why would a company bother to hire someone to do that at a big convention when there's probably hundreds/thousands of people wandering round dressed as one of their characters? Cosplaying has always been seen/known as a hobby not as a career. Costume making however is a job if you sell.

So you're against Amy Pond are ya?

I should probably start from the Chris Ecclestone series like jedd recommended, but man, do I not have the attention span time.

Chris Hardwick (a rad dude who is also into Doctor Who quite a bit) said something pretty good on an episode of his podcast: if the Matrix head-jacking technology existed, it wouldn't teach us how to fly a helicopter or perform kung fu, but it would only get us caught up on television shows and movies. "Whoa, I just watched season 1 of Breaking Bad."

Oh hey, that's another show I gotta get around to.