San Francisco 2010 Meetup w/Viper!

Zuhaib

Car(s)
19 BMW X3
Yes you read it right, this is a Meetup where you might actually get to meet the leader himself, Viper007Bond!

We had a Final Gear Meetup a few years back and it was great, and this year with Viper in town I thought lets do it again so I can actually meet a guy I knew since 2003 online (really that long...).

Date: May 8th
Time: 11:30AM

21st Amendment Brewery
563 2nd Street
San Francisco, California USA
Directions HERE

RSVP By Replying to this thread! I will try to send out mass PMs to people Friday Night as a reminder!

Last edited:
I'll do my best, but I do have to be back in Davis around 6.

How about Crazy Horse? He can wait outside.

:lol:

I wish I could come!

I'm staying at the Palomar at 4th & Market (right on the BART/Muni line). I'd prefer to not have to pay through the ass to take a cab.

What about Mel's? There's one at 4th & Mission, and there's a parking garage right there. But there are plenty of places within easy walking distance of 4th & Market. And I have no problem picking Viper up at the hotel and chauffeuring him around.

Any chance of making it more like 11 or 12? Mel's is fine with me, although I'd prefer a cafe/bar setting personally. A good friend of me highly recommends 21st Amendment on 2nd and Townsend, so I suggest we go there.

Edit - I previously suggested the following, I'm keeping it here for posterity:
It's supposed to be a pretty nice day, so maybe Cafe Flore or Zeitgeist? Both have outdoor seating and plenty of room, and are an easy muni trip or a quick drive (I can pick people up too, although it's a Prius, so you might not want to) from the 4th/Market area. Zeitgeist might be a bit loud, especially if it's a nice day, or a bit too dive-y, but it does have a somewhat impressive selection of beer and lots of outdoor tables. I asked a friend who works downtown for other ideas.

Last edited:
21st Amendment is nice, I have been there myself and the food is not that bad.. Issue might be parking tho. And Mel does have a garage but errr.

This is the place I threw out in the Chat, http://www.yelp.com/biz/louis-san-francisco-2.. But If everyone is ok with parking on 21 Amendment I will support that

As for time, earlier is better as well for me I was just worried people might not wake up that early (looks at Viper).

I'm also at my company's lounge at Pier 38 (near the Baseball stadium, currently there right now), so somewhere near there would also work.

I'm on a normal sleep schedule, although I have been sleeping in until 9 or 10 just for the hell of it.

Last edited:
I checked out the 21st Amendment online today and parking shouldn't be too bad. I used to live at South Park right across the street and weekends there were not many people in the area. (Of course, this was before the new ballpark opened.) 21st Amendment opens at 11:30, so that's the earliest we could meet there. And the nice thing about the 21st Amendment - for out-of-towners like me and PacketCollision - is that it's right at the base of the Bay Bridge.
Oh, and the Giants are playing the Mets in New York that day, so no crowds at the ballpark.

Ok its set 21st Amendment at 11:30am. In that case we beat the rush, get the place to ourselves.. I hope we get a bigger group then before

Great. I'll be there too.

Cool, nice and close to Pier 38. Cya guys Saturday. :)

Should I front page this? On one hand I don't want anyone to miss out but on the other hand I don't want a ton of people we don't "know" showing up. Maybe a forum announcement thing (yellow box)...

We don't usually frontpage meetups, so unless you want to do that in the future, I'd stick to a forum announcement if you want to increase visibility.

Are you signing autographs?