Tesla Cybertruck

Cybertruck hubcap flies off on the highway. 😅
still one of my biggest fears, that I'll lose one of my aero hubcaps on the autobahn at 140 km/h (... since autopilot will only go up to 140 nowadays I just don't go any faster lol). Hasn't happened so far, but whatever, I'm sure it'll happen someday.

I wasn't aware they were sticking with the damn hubcaps even for the cybertruck, though :| doesn't make any sense, they won't help the damn brick be more aero...

If I had ordered a Cybertruck and it came with hubcaps I would be pretty disappointed. The overall result is sadly very lacking.

If I had ordered a Cybertruck and it came with hubcaps I would be pretty disappointed. The overall result is sadly very lacking.
If you order a Cyber Truck, you deserve what you get.

So, over 4 years on and it's finally about to start shipping to the million people that put down a $100 deposit. I'm going to link the two videos that I have watched so far about it and then give my opinion about it. You know, as an American with 5 trucks. :LOL:

View: https://youtu.be/XxOh12Uhg08?si=B5bUZRU27G_nVMd_

View: https://youtu.be/L6WDq0V5oBg?si=FKjIX9SHvCyr7vlt
I thought it was important to watch these two videos. Marques is a tech guy and Jason is a car guy. I thought that would give me a good cross section as to what it's like. I'll point out that at one point during Marques' video he folds up the rear seat and says that's a great feature. He's not wrong, but I guess he's not aware that this is normal feature of a truck's rear seat or at least the trucks I've dealt with.

First, it is very quick, no doubt about that. No complaints there. At least 3 the motor version is quick, it'll be interesting to see how the two and single motor versions do in straight line acceleration trials.

Price. Ouch, I know it's been 4 years and the original $40k target is probably the single motor version, which I haven't seen a price on yet, but $100k for a pickup truck is silly. I don't care what it is, a Ford, Silverado, Ram, whatever, trucks where supposed to be utilitarian and for everyone that needed one for work. I know that changed somewhere in the mid-1990s when manufacturers found they can make tons of money on luxury trucks (I know I have one and I only bought that particular model for the rear locker).

Range seems decent for such a vehicle, no complaints from me there, but it leads me to... Towing. We know with a trailer the range will drop dramatically, and that's just an EV problem, only thing that could be done is opt for the $16k range extending battery.

Other than the lack of rearview mirror, I have no complaints about the drivetrain, interior, etc., but...

I still think the outside looks stupid.

I'm sorry, it just does in my very humble opinion. I know that style is subjective and beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I just can't like it.

Maybe it looks better in person, maybe it'll grow on me, maybe monkey will fly out my buttocks.

I share your sentiment. There's some clever engineering going on under the skin, one think they haven't addressed is how Fire/Rescue will extract someone from a vehicle built with a thick stainless structural skin that's essentially bullet proof.

I see this as a vaguely truck-shaped fashion accessory. It's like the Falcon Wing doors all over again, the Model X barely sells, but the conventionally designed Model Y is the best selling car in the world.

I bet Tesla takes a lot of the clever engineering here and comes out with a more conventional truck that will outsell the Cybertruck 50:1.

Price. Ouch, I know it's been 4 years and the original $40k target is probably the single motor version, which I haven't seen a price on yet,

The single motor is $61K, 250 mile range, and won't be available until 2025.

He has to pay for the x fiasco somehow.

We've called the big Chevy Suburbans "Urban Assault Vehicle" or "Mormon Assault Vehicle" (back when it was the only 3-row SUV) for years.

So after taking up several minutes of the video with the materials science...did he ever say/show/insinuate/hint at/suggest why it is such a good/important thing that it's not magnetic?

So after taking up several minutes of the video with the materials science...did he ever say/show/insinuate/hint at/suggest why it is such a good/important thing that it's not magnetic?

Don't think so, but I think that's proof of the austenite transformation