The Israel / Palestine mire (again)

That's how a new generation of terrorists are created.

Never forget that the goal of Hamas is to destroy the State of Israel. They will create generations of terrorists no matter what the Israelis do.

This is a problem with no solution. Both sides only have to take one quick look at a history book to find “justification” for their violence. Even if every single Jew and all the Muslims in the entire world suddenly realised that they don’t actually have to fight over the religious sites, there would still be the unresolved conflict over the land.

Never forget that the goal of Hamas is to destroy the State of Israel. They will create generations of terrorists no matter what the Israelis do.

But Israel makes it so easy to convert those that are on the fence.

This is a problem with no solution. Both sides only have to take one quick look at a history book to find “justification” for their violence. Even if every single Jew and all the Muslims in the entire world suddenly realised that they don’t actually have to fight over the religious sites, there would still be the unresolved conflict over the land.

It is almost like someone created this mess to be a neverending quagmire.

But Israel makes it so easy to convert those that are on the fence.

Not that I want to make excuses for Netanyahu or any of his motley crew of coalitionists, but there have been attacks on Israel for literally its entire existence - naturally, because it’s that very existence that far too many people cannot even tolerate, let alone accept.

If the State of Israel has one “birth defect”, it is (in my personal opinion) the exemption from military service for the Haredim. If those people had to get involved in the defence of the country they live in and whose “lesser” population they constantly lecture and belittle, they might have some degree of responsibility instead of fundamentalist beliefs, views and politics.

It is almost like someone created this mess to be a neverending quagmire.

The more time I spend on this planet, the more grateful I am to be living in a peaceful time in my small part of the world. And even so, there is a horrible war raging just two borders away.

Peace seems to be the anomaly, unfortunately.

CNN's Anderson Cooper speaks with Emily Callahan, an American nurse with Doctors Without Borders, who gives a harrowing description of what she witnessed in Gaza as she was attempting to get out of the area.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gk7iWgCk14U
I hate that bloodlust more than anything, no matter who the victims are. Trying to destroy Hamas is an understandable reaction, but an impossible task, and the consequence is civilian suffering.

I hate that bloodlust more than anything, no matter who the victims are. Trying to destroy Hamas is an understandable reaction, but an impossible task, and the consequence is civilian suffering.

How do you save the hostages.

More you bomb Gaza, the more recruits for Hamas you make.

Maybe an international peacekeeping force might work if the Israelis and Hamas could be trusted to not attack them.

NYT response:

F-gjm04WcAAocpu.png

Reuters response: