Wacky Races is coming...are you in?

Wacky Races is coming...are you in?

• Total voters
25th-29th will be half-term for us, so I'm voting likewise.

How about we pick a route and set hour markers on it? then we can actually comments on the 'roads' we are 'driving' in the race. Also I think the whole idea of the cannonball run fits the races a bit better.

Nah, that'll take some of the open-endedness out of it. We'll just make up the route as we go along.

However, we've already decided in the Finalgear HQ wiki article that this year's race will start at the Island, with the Dello Stelvio Simili Pass and the Nurburgloop forming part of the route. An underground tunnel will then be built linking the cars to the city of Gibraltar, where from then on the race will continue.

Last edited:
However, we've already decided in the Finalgear HQ wiki article that this year's race will start at the Island, with the Dello Stelvio Simili Pass and the Nurburgloop forming part of the route. An underground tunnel will then be built linking the cars to the city of Gibraltar, where from then on the race will continue.

You mean you've already decided. It's down to Jay in the end, and that was just a suggestion.

You mean you've already decided. It's down to Jay in the end, and that was just a suggestion.

You misunderstood, I realised it was just a suggestion. I meant what I said like how last year a participant decided to announce mid-race that part of the route was to be going through a shopping centre through a pit-radio convo, and that later produced some entertaining posts, not in terms of the entire route being decided by one person. It just takes away some of the creativity from it. The whole Finalgear HQ race start thing was a collaborative effort, and not definitive or written on paper, therefore letting the participants add in their own elements during the race.

Last edited:
I know what you mean, sometimes it just feels like we're the narrator in a race through the desert on a straight road. :D

I agree. I can see your thinking, we need people to talk more about their environment during the race. In a real race it plays a huge factor.

Last edited:
I like the idea you gave, Scott, but I will have to pass. Part of the appeal of this is the pure anarchy and chaos.

I like the idea you gave, Scott, but I will have to pass. Part of the appeal of this is the pure anarchy and chaos.

So you wouldn?t want or need a team of fully corruptible, incompetent, randomly flagging, drunken and useless Marshals in the race? :(
(Was thinking of volunteering a Team!) :lol:

my car choice will make vonsmythe cringe when they ram/try to destroy it.

:lol: I doubt it.

Just wait until you see what the VonSmythe-owned BMW/Rolls-Royce is developing. You'll shit your trousers, I promise you that. It is the pure definition of -> :evil:

So you wouldn?t want or need a team of fully corruptible, incompetent, randomly flagging, drunken and useless Marshals in the race? :(

HMM!! :think:

I thought we already did in a sense, but we just make it up as we go along. I personally am not too enthusiastic about having a non-racing poster in the thread unless they are simply making observations.

A little taster of the top secret prototype sitting in the VonSmythe garage. More to come soon. Muhahahahaha!

http://img145.imageshack.**/img145/7176/preview3t.png

I can't wait to take part in these again since the last time we had one I was out of the action in basic training. Mid-late June would work great for me since I'll be home on leave then.

Team Feraname is obviously returning

but not with a Fiesta this time

http://img411.imageshack.**/img411/9158/60456780.jpg

^You could have gotten a bailout from VonSmythe, you know. :twisted:

For this event, Scorched Earth has secured a Packard V-1650-3 Merlin.
https://pic.armedcats.net/l/lu/lupin_iv/2009/04/29/800px-Packard_Merlin_V1650_7_2.jpg
Early plans included stretching a Ford Mustang to accommodate the engine from the fighter the car was named for, however that seemed to be a lot more work than anyone involved was willing to do.
The team then made a list of cars with long hoods. The top choice based on this list was "any Packard equipped with a straight 8," but the idea of a Packard aircraft engine in a Packard automobile seemed too expensive, too heavy, too weak, and (worst of all) too obvious. So they continued down the list until they came to the first viable option, a 1969 Pontiac Grand Prix.
https://pic.armedcats.net/l/lu/lupin_iv/2009/04/29/1969GrandPrixPassSide.jpg
There is question as to how it will handle, as it was secretly flown to Norfolk, England, where Lotus engineers took one look at it, laughed their asses off, and told the team to go home.

Last edited:
Team Espace F1 is returning in action with the same main crew as last year. However, we are in desperate need of blockers and we are still trying to find Jean-Denis Deletraz's phone number.

Team Feraname is obviously returning

but not with a Fiesta this time

http://img411.imageshack.**/img411/9158/60456780.jpg

:lol:

So, is this going to be the pre-race thread or is Jayhawk going to start another thread for that?