Where In The World Is..?

Judging from Facebook, it looks like he may have seen a doctor and been put on anti-depressants or something. He posted a picture of the side-effects list for a new medication he is taking.

Well at least he finally did something even if it took the threat of unemployment to force him into action.

Mirtazapine is where it's at. Unlike other anti-depressants it doesn't cause nausea and dry heaving (it actually has anti-emetic properties), it aids sleep and it increases appetite which in the Cap's case would be no bad thing. I've been on a maintenance dose for some time and they have helped me no end.

Did someone say Mirtazapine?

Some years ago I had a slight insomnia due to excess stress, and was prescribed Mirtazapine in very small doses for sleeping aid. The few weeks I used the drug were interesting to say at least: I started to have panic attacs and I was anxious almost all the time. Everything got back to normal after I stopped taking the drug. Never before I had had any problems with my mental health worth mentioning.

I understand that Mirtazapine works for most though and I'm glad it has worked for you. I'm just saying that when it comes to drugs, one does not certainly work for everyone.

Yeah you got the wrong 'scrip. Zopiclone is far better for insomnia. Half a tablet and a large glass of wine and you will enjoy the best sleep of your life.

Yeah, that experience quite scared me off. Thankfully I was able to redeem my sleep in the long run by changing some of my daily habits and by reducing the stress.

Can anyone who is on Facebook give a short update on Viper? He hasn't updated his blog since mid-December...

Where In The World Is..?

He was on Facebook earlier today pining for a new GeForce 1080 card.

He uploaded a video to his Youtube channel too, a clip of him launching the Viper. Must be an old clip he came across.

He posted about a week ago that his sisters aren't a bone marrow match so he'll have to hope that a match can be found on the donor registry. I think he said something about starting a new round of chemotherapy as well.

Where is ashspet?

Can anyone who is on Facebook give a short update on Viper? He hasn't updated his blog since mid-December...

Direct quotes from his recent FB posts:
"Sadly neither of my sisters are a bone marrow match to me, so my transplant team is now going to be searching through the national database to find a match. My doctor mentioned today that she expects 10-15 matches to me will be found. The database is very large. That's a big relief."

"Back in the hospital again for another week of maintenance chemo." - That was posted Feb 20, so I'd guess he's just got out again now.

Last edited:
And he still enjoy the occasional burrito :)

Good news, right?