The "Things that annoy me" thread

Because they have no interest in understanding what any of what they’re saying actually means. In my experience it really usually is as simple as that. That’s why they also don’t care it’s wrong - „you know what I mean!“

What I actually find even worse is people from the industry who do know better saying things wrong in a misguided and completely unnecessary try to „shorten things“ - I.e. saying kilowatt instead of kilowatthours. Bloody morons. Similar: going „back in two-15“ instead of twenty-15. what the fuck?

I can’t read this without mentioning my all-time “favourite”: “There’s no chemistry in this product.” First of all, the moron in question usually* meant “artificial chemical additives” and second, how THE FUCK can you be this stupid and run any part of any business?!? :wall:

*But not always. Many years ago, I actually heard some idiot touting her apple juice with the words “free of preservatives, we don’t add anything like e.g. ascorbic acid”.

I have an extremely persistent cold... like on and off... and when I feel like it's gone it comes back worse. Ugh. Currently, it's little better than Friday (that was its worst I feel), but it somehow also doesn't seem to continue improving. My nose is all stuffy, my lungs feel clogged and the whole "feeling weak" thing is very much present. At this point, I should probably go visit the doctor, right? Next annoyance... having to call and go there and everything ughghgughdufbgdibfugöisbdg.

/posted while having a nice coughing fit.

edit: forgot to add, it's not covid.

At this point, I should probably go visit the doctor, right? Next annoyance... having to call and go there and everything ughghgughdufbgdibfugöisbdg.
WELP... went to the doctor, was in and our in less than 30 min. nothing to report. lung sounds normal, and she's sure I had some sort of bronchitis or something, but it should well be on its way out by now and it's really just persistend remnants of that... which she said this year are very common and long-winded - they had a people there that kept coughing and sneezing for 4 weeks. ugh.

WELP... went to the doctor, was in and our in less than 30 min. nothing to report. lung sounds normal, and she's sure I had some sort of bronchitis or something, but it should well be on its way out by now and it's really just persistend remnants of that... which she said this year are very common and long-winded - they had a people there that kept coughing and sneezing for 4 weeks. ugh.
Ten or so years ago I had a cough that stayed for months. Doctors told me to stick it out, as well.

Ten or so years ago I had a cough that stayed for months. Doctors told me to stick it out, as well.
Yeah... which is rather annoying. that really was the main reason for my visit: is this only annoying or should I be worried? Also she said that if I feel fine, I should be able to do my cardio just fine, despite coughing and jam-packed sinuses :| most annoying part is actually the waking up with a throbbing headache every day because of the constant pressure on the sinuses. ugh.
ANWAY!

AI is a widespread disease that needs to stop.

Skärmavbild 2024-03-29 kl. 11.09.28.png

At least, as a concept, that sort of thing has been around for a while. They are just claiming they made it to farm for followers. At least they didn't shoehorn Jesus into it somehow.
1711705715625.png

I was just flipping around on the Spectrum guide (cable TV via streaming) and discovered the movie Young Frankenstein playing on the Cartoon Network. How did this happen?

As a elad-in to this maybe? Probably not...a stretch, I admit. 😅

1711920632792.png

My stupid heart rate monitor is on the fritz AGAIN. I got a new one from polar last year after my old wahoo unit started reading ridiculously low HR all the time … and now the bloody polar one is doing the same! There battery is fresh, the strap is clean and well lubricated (yes, with spit…), but it seems to be showing this crazy behavior especially when it’s drowning in sweat. Which is not something I can do anything about and something it should be designed for???
Ffs… guess I’ll try my luck with a new strap, another new battery and if that doesn’t help, RMA the sucker.

… I don’t get it, HRM should be well developed and proven tech. They’ve existed forever. How are there still issues?

Edit: Research online suggests that the unit may eat through batteries (as in replace after 2-3 months rather than at least one year) for some unknown reason and will show this behavior as soon as the battery isn’t exactly perfect anymore (ie it’ll work fine on its coin cell down to 3.0 V and then act up, rather than down up 2.7 V as you’d expect - hence why the battery level will still show as good in the companion app).

Last edited:
Edit: Research online suggests that the unit may eat through batteries (as in replace after 2-3 months rather than at least one year) for some unknown reason and will show this behavior as soon as the battery isn’t exactly perfect anymore (ie it’ll work fine on its coin cell down to 3.0 V and then act up, rather than down up 2.7 V as you’d expect - hence why the battery level will still show as good in the companion app).
OK that was a fluke. It works until I work up a nice sweat, then it’s gone. Ugh. Half a year old. RMA here we come then…

The amount of rain and clouds. aaaaaahhhhh.

I expect better from you, BBC.
I don't, they're desperate to prove their relevance so are going for all the clickbait shock headlines.

The One Show had a section about 'rip off' companies charging people to remove PV panels for roof cleaning. Turns out the panels were provided for free, as part of a contract benefitting the company and home owner, and the home owners in question didn't have the roof cleaned before installation. One guy took the panels (which aren't his) down himself; he was shocked to find that the company wants to charge him their lost earnings for the remainder of the contract.

Now this has been confused in my mother's head to think that all PV panels are bad.

The public transport app added one hour to the ETA of buses when I was using Android beta.
I switched to regular Android and it went back to giving me the correct time.
Now that DST is on, it went back to adding one hour to the ETA for buses.
My wife's phone and my kid's phone are unnafected.

The public transport app added one hour to the ETA of buses when I was using Android beta.
Not to say that iOS is completely free from any issues, but it's this kind of thing that drove me from Android to iPhone. It became apparent that there were too many software versions and too much hardware variation for me to be confident in the OS. My last HTC had a shit camera, my last Android phone (a Sony) had crappy performance. Limiting hardware and software really helps.

time zones in software are hard mhmmmkaaaayyyy? :hammer:

Slight annoyance but still annoying. Yesterday evening while we were getting ready to sleep my engagement ring dropped somewhere in the house. It had been a bit loose for a while now but so far my joints have been more than enough to keep it in place. Resizing has not been an option due to it being made out of titanium. The better half took it lightly "It´ll turn up". When I can I´ll turn this place inside out. :/
Well by chance I found the damn thing under a wine bottle rack in the closet. We drink a lot less and I suppose this is a sign of that. :D

Well by chance I found the damn thing under a wine bottle rack in the closet. We drink a lot less and I suppose this is a sign of that. :D

The next option would have been to burn down the house and sift through the ashes for the metal, so I'm glad you found it before that next step. 😅

Bloody Sahara sand blowing all over the place. Everything looks like we're in the friggin Wild West now, covered in rust-colored fine sand UGH. Will have to wash the car again and all the windows and everything. But when?