Random Thoughts....

So, umm, probably an ignorant question, but what is the US national guard? Isn't it mainly just the reserve force that for some reason needs to be considered a seperate branch or something?

I don't understand, in iTunes, why people will just buy the singles. Why do people do that? Chances are if you like the single you'll like the whole or majority of that album.

I disagree, there has never been an album I have liked all of the songs on. In actual fact, I have only ever bought 1 album in my entire life. This is a combination of not liking most songs on an album, usually there are 2 or 3 at most that I like, especially with many modern bands that change their music style every song, and growing up with the internet. I remember watching Napster in awe as it downloaded a song at a rate that I felt was lightning fast, with 56k dialup.

< I feel a bit nekkid without my bunny over there.

Also, totally agreed on group work. The good part is that I don't want to be "that douche" and I try harder so I don't let down the rest of the group. The bad part is that I tend to get stuck with a whole pack of douches who don't care about the project at all. GRR. :mad:

welcome to the workforce....

Came home to a mutilated dead bird left on the back step. Lovely. X-P

I spent most of yesterday's public holiday planting flax plants in the garden, because mum wanted to replace some water-hungry flowers that are in a place where the rain can't reach them. Fair enough, but I hate gardening, especially the digging part. My back's been telling me off through my lectures today. :-( I'm also getting a cold. Boo-urns!

Wow, I really feel like complaining today. Such insignificant things too! :blink:

Being stuck wide awake because you suffered "severe gastrointestinal distress" at 2 AM, and you had to run to the first floor lobby bathroom to get TP sucks.

Badly. *sigh*

Two more deliverable line items in my entire college career.

And only one of them matters for my graduation. I may just blow off the other one.

So apparently the police here stopped a 20 year old who was driving 160 in a 80 zone, nothing special about that right? Interestingly he was doing that in a Veyron. :eek: :eek: :eek: So I guess it was the son of the owner of Trust.

That is a really big basement.

It's a bunker, that's what I heard. :p

Anyway...

The Computer Science and Automation faculty here at my University is split on the two specialities (I'm in Computer Science), but we have common courses with the guys from Automation and I began to know several of them from view, so I could consider them part-classmates. This weekend, two guys from Automation, one of whom I remember clearly seeing in classes and maybe even talking to a few times, drowned to death in a boating accident on a lake around here. :( And so far they only managed to find the body of one of them.

Last edited:
So, umm, probably an ignorant question, but what is the US national guard? Isn't it mainly just the reserve force that for some reason needs to be considered a seperate branch or something?

The National Guard are the soldiers that the Guvment uses and abuses during the last 20 years or so. :p

The National Guard of the United States is a reserve military force composed of state National Guard militia members or units under federally recognized active or inactive armed force service for the United States.[1][2] The National Guard of the United States is a joint reserve component of the United States Army and the United States Air Force and maintains two subcomponents: the Army National Guard of the United States for the Army[1] and the Air Force's Air National Guard of the United States.[1]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Guard_of_the_United_States

The National Guard also responds to emergencies, natural or not, when the state govenors decide they are needed.

I am NOT going to my 8:30 class today.

I am NOT taking another 8:30 class ever again.

/frantically studies for Economics midterm

Being the victim of a recent downsizing, I'm looking for a job. It's a right pain in the ass, it is, because so many people require a four-year degree to do administrative work that anyone with half a brain can do. I came across a posting yesterday that requires a four-year degree "in any field."

Now, I ask you: what is the point of this? I can see how they'd want someone with the temerity to complete such a degree, but surely that same temerity can be demonstrated with work experience. Moreover, if you're looking for someone with a degree "in any field," you may well find yourself hiring someone who's only taking the job as a stopgap measure until they can get a job in their field. It seems like a self-defeating hiring policy to me.

Anyone got any insights on this?

I can only Imagine Abba wouldn't have been so successful if they shouted ?YEAH! ABBA,Sony Music? at the end of every song.
On other note, today i will have my first experience with 40+degree weather and I'm kinda freaking out now.

Let's see.... 40 C is 104 F...

That's fucking hot but I'm pretty sure we've seen similar temperatures in my lifetime. Nothing to be afraid of, annoyed certainly.