Branded Crap

chevy_camaro_pc_1.jpg

I'd like an external hard drive in the body of an Alfa...but I'm afraid it won't work every 3 days.

That looks like the mice they sell in SkyMall on airplanes.

not_sure_if_serious_8.jpg

:lol: Made me laugh. On a serious note I am looking for some berlingo 'branded crap'

Other than the car itself?

:blink:

If so just steal the badges off other Berlingos and glue them to whatever you like. You get your wish and the other owners will be grateful for the new lower profile.

If you are really obsessed you could commission your own Wicked Artz cartoon http://www.wickedartzshop.com/draw-your-cartoon-car-4-w.asp It's going to cost you but if you're really serious...........

They had a stand at Wings and Wheels at Dunsfold last year. I got them to put mine from an existing drawing onto a mug. They even changed to seats from black to dark brown to match the leather in mine and added the correct number plate.

Most of the manufacturers do that not just the Japanese and news flash you pay more for a fancier or higher performance car.

No problem when it's an NSX but it drives me insane when it's a rebadged low or mid range vehicle of the mainstream brand (TSX, Integra, G20, J30, ES300). Come get your rebadged Civic/Sentra/Camry!

And true that it seems that Mazda does not try to compete in Luxury nor performance Luxury. Not sure if that's 'another reason to like them' though.

They tried with the 929 and mulled over creating a 2nd brand, but it didn't work out well trying to sell that car through Mazda -- kind of like the Phaeton 10 years later.

Last edited:
No problem when it's an NSX but it drives me insane when it's a rebadged low or mid range vehicle of the mainstream brand (TSX, Integra, G20, J30, ES300). Come get your rebadged Civic/Sentra/Camry!
You could say the same thing about VW and Audi or GM/Buick/Cadillac or Ford/Mercury/Lincoln... They all put out basically the same cars in different trim with maybe some minor changes to stuff like suspension (Cadillac being softer than GM or Audi being more sporty than VW).

If you want to blame somebody for this blame customers not car companies. People's reaction to "I drive a Camry" is very different to "I drive an ES" sure it's the same car for the most part but the perception is different. I remember when I went to my friend's wedding his family was like "wow this guy is driving an Audi!" despite the fact that when I bought it, it was cheaper than most of their cars because they got them new but they weren't an "Audi".

If you want to blame somebody for this blame customers not car companies. People's reaction to "I drive a Camry" is very different to "I drive an ES" sure it's the same car for the most part but the perception is different. I remember when I went to my friend's wedding his family was like "wow this guy is driving an Audi!" despite the fact that when I bought it, it was cheaper than most of their cars because they got them new but they weren't an "Audi".

So much this. My dad bought his Hummer H2 for less than the equivalent Tahoe. My RX-8 cost less than the Hyundai Veloster I was looking at. But there's no contest when it comes to perception.

It's the VW Currywurst, with VW Ketchup!

It's the VW Currywurst, with VW Ketchup!

This is not an joke, you really can go to an VW dealership, to the parts Service where you normally buy Oil, Bumpers and other parts for your car and order an bottle of VW Ketchup and VW Sausages, they even have their own part ID number. :lol:

This is not an joke, you really can go to an VW dealership, to the parts Service where you normally buy Oil, Bumpers and other parts for your car and order an bottle of VW Ketchup and VW Sausages, they even have their own part ID number. :lol:

:nod:

Some supermarkets, especially around WOB, carry it as well.