Random Thoughts....

2 more days of work until I leave for the US :woot:

15 hours flight to LA is balls though

In the last hour or so it started snowing quite heavily without me even noticing. I bet this fucks with my Christmas shopping I'm supposed to be doing tomorrow... <_<

Especially with my knackered knee and shoes that leak water on a massive scale.

:|

:(

:cry:

DOOOO NOT WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNTTTT.........

Oh well, I was hoping for a Seven Sisters; but hey! You make the payments, drive what you like. To be honest, the Fusion is a very good vehicle.

*EDIT* Actually, is that a Taurus?

It is actually - we ended up with an '08 SEL (hopefully it's clean... I haven't exactly seen the car yet - Dave and his mum still have to drive up to Idaho to pick it up on Monday).

Man, I was trying my best to look for a good Subaru 4 door, but you were totally right - they damn well held their value, which made them always a bit more than a similarly capable Ford. The ones we saw in my price range and test drove had been beaten on, and each of them was grinding and clunking. Argh! I decided that if I wanted to buy a Subaru, I would save up the money and buy new...

WRX!!!

It is actually - we ended up with an '08 SEL (hopefully it's clean... I haven't exactly seen the car yet - Dave and his mum still have to drive up to Idaho to pick it up on Monday).

Man, I was trying my best to look for a good Subaru 4 door, but you were totally right - they damn well held their value, which made them always a bit more than a similarly capable Ford. The ones we saw in my price range and test drove had been beaten on, and each of them was grinding and clunking. Argh! I decided that if I wanted to buy a Subaru, I would save up the money and buy new...

WRX!!!

Yeah when mom was going to buy her car she noticed that too. It was only like a 2000$ difference between brand new '10 and a used '09 so despite the fact she didn't really need 8" of ground clearance she got the '10

You know it's christmas when you get and see the whole family. And that's not even the whole family. I miss family reunions.

:lol: @ what a bit of rain does to the city of Los Angeles - totally deserted streets, and the few cars that dared to go anywhere were almost crawling.

Pathetic!

:lol: @ what a bit of rain does to the city of Los Angeles - totally deserted streets, and the few cars that dared to go anywhere were almost crawling.

Pathetic!

The exact opposite of us, at least in my view it seems like every time there's a consistently miserable rain shower the traffic becomes absolutely horrible and jammed up with a LOT of cars.

The exact opposite of us, at least in my view it seems like every time there's a consistently miserable rain shower the traffic becomes absolutely horrible and jammed up with a LOT of cars.

Same here, because it means that people who would otherwise have walked to work all drive because they couldn't possibly risk getting wet. There are also fewer people on public transport, I find, as they don't want to wait out in the rain for a bus.

Well, that's what would make sense to happen. Even in Vancouver which famously has more rainy days than sunny days (by a long shot, too) traffic moves slower on rainy days.

Thing with Southern California though is that they are simply not used to and by a certain extent frightened of rainy conditions. So most of them stay home when it rains decently once in a blue moon.

Also, public transport sucks balls here, so that option is out for most people.

There are also fewer people on public transport, I find, as they don't want to wait out in the rain for a bus.

Except that it seems here like buses are filled to capacity when it's wet. And I don't mean like in the civilised world, all the seats full and then about 20-30 people standing up with room to move about slightly. I mean sardine-can-tight-full.

This is the first year I've ever gotten to this point and realised that it's one week until Christmas.
Same hre, but I take it as a sign that it's the first time since before uni that I do not have Christmas holidays.