Vancouver, BC meetup.

JipJopJones

Car(s)
1979 Cressida Wagon, 1981 Corolla Hardtop
Would anyone form Vancouver be down for this. Perhaps we could meet up, drive to some cool driving road (Cyprus or Seymour perhaps... suggestions) then go for lunch/dinner)

There seems to be a few of us now. So how bout it? :cool:

YES! Been meaning to create such a thread but my lazy side got the best of me.

I think I would be down... and please let's get out and do it before the weather turns nasty.

Edit: I used to live on Cypress, been up that road so many times. There used to be this huge empty lot at the top that was awesome for doing donuts and the like. :D

Is there any way to see every member who is from vancouver... and send them a PM about the meet?

I don't believe so, since some might not even list their proper location. But I'll see who I can think of off the top of my head and I'll send them a PM pointing to this thread.

I'm not sure what really good driving roads are around here. Cypress is decent and being on the North Shore we needn't worry about parking. But driving up the mountain takes 15 minutes, we should discuss a few more stops.

I also like the tail end of Marine Drive in West Van... it's twisty with amazing scenery and ends up at Horseshoe Bay. We could do both Cypress and Marine Drive and maybe even stop in Horseshoe Bay if the weather is good, grab some fish and chips or something.

Obviously this is most convenient for those downtown and on the North Shore, others might have other areas in mind, so please come in and post your ideas.

Alright, I managed to think of 13 people that are either locals or people I thought might be close enough to drive (Vancouver Island and Northern Washington).

I couldn't send it to 13 people at once so I sent out 3 PMs, hope I sent them correctly.

Sorry, haven't got me N yet unfortunately.

^ I never even realized you were just 17!

Oh well, come if you can find a mate to tag along and give your ass a ride.

Sounds like a good idea, let me know how this goes. Since I'm quite busy from September to early November (I gotta work to pay for gas!), I don't know if I can make it to the meetup. Anyways, keep me informed!

EDIT: Thanks Shawn, for telling me about this!!

I would come, but I moved to Toronto. Damnit why do the meets happen after I move haha.

Sounds like a great idea :cool:

Just need to know when - leaving the country soon.

^ When do you leave? Are you going for good? :cry:

Hmm, with only 3 tentatively confirmed guests I think it might not really be worth our while. Maybe we should hold off until the beginning of next summer?

The actual date hasn't been confirmed but it could be anytime from this month up to December. If you guys do hold off until next summer, be sure to take pics! Will celebrate with you all via FG.

I'm not sure if it's for good or not... Hopefully not. Could be more than four years!

I think you are right, we may want to hold off until we can get a few more participants. Wizegui, when do you get your N?

I'd be interested, but I just started a job and will be quite busy with other stuff for awhile. If you guys don't mind heading down South a bit the Cascade Loop is a fantastic drive for the summer (a good chunk of it is closed during the winter).

http://www.cascadeloop.com/

If anyone is interested, we could do somthing in april and all meet up at the portland swapmeet. I'm probably going to be buying a car down there next year.

It's a good spot, a day away for us Van-ites and not to far for seatles. Perfect for teh portlanders, and hey, maybe even some cali's could come up.

It could be huge.

^ I might be into that. Any more info on the swapmeet?

But to be honest it's a hassle for me to cross the border. Even though I have a Canadian passport I always get singled out because of my brownish looks. :shifty:

http://www.portlandswapmeet.com

Here is the page from last year's. I went for the first time last year. It's so huge. Tons of fun, lots of cool cars for reasonable prices.

Looks pretty cool indeed. I will hopefully probably be down, unless something big comes up.

Sorry guys I checked this too late. I just saw Shawn's PMs and thought I'd post here. I can make it whenever I guess, kind of busy with school and work but it's cool. Otherwise I'll wait till spring.

Well, if people are up for a 3-4 person meet, then I'd go for it.

Also, what happened to Klutch? Is he still in Van?