Vancouver, BC meetup.

Sure, I was just wondering. It's always good to meet new fellow petrolheads.

I think so long as it's not 3 FG guys to 10 other people it should be good, just so the other FG members don't laugh at our pathetic 'FinalGear' meet when they see pictures. :D

Better than the Toronto-ians!

*ducks*

Let's give it another week, but please, if you can't make it for the 5th, please give us some alternative dates so we can figure something out!

We'll start compiling a list of participants come next Monday, so we know who and what to expect.

I'd be cool with other people, that are non-FG-ers. It's always good to talk to some fellow gear heads. And besides, the more the merrier right?

Gorgeous weather today... so I went and drove the route to make sure nothing's changed since I did it back in June. Y'know, no huge potholes that suddenly appeared or road works or closures that cropped up.

Well, I'm glad to report that there's nothing of the sort, and the route is still as excellent as ever. There's a couple of spots where close-by housing construction has left some sand and dirt on the road, so after getting home I've had to wipe the car down to get rid of the dust. Otherwise it's all paved, and it's all good.

Excuse the rubbish pics... they don't tell the whole story, but they'll give you some ideas.

IMG_0156.jpg

IMG_0157.jpg

IMG_0166.jpg

IMG_0167.jpg

IMG_0168.jpg

IMG_0169.jpg

IMG_0173.jpg

IMG_0179.jpg

Well, here's to hoping that the weather next Sunday is as good as today's!

How does the Chevron station on the corner of Boundary Road and Dominion Street in Burnaby strike everyone as a starting spot? From there it's a short hop onto the Trans Canada, which will take us to Fort Langley and the beginning of the fun bits.

That's October 5th, at 1PM.

Also, let's start a sign-up sheet, so we know who and what to expect.

Adam aka Veritable - Red BMW E90 M3 Sedan

Andy - Silver Subaru 2nd Gen Impreza STi

I'm in for sure,

Justin - 1998 Civic Si - aww man, I'm feeling a bit out classed, I wish I had my old car.

Can you post a google map of the gas station so I can figure out how to get there?
thx

Unfortunately, with the way that Vancouver weather is, I think it's a good idea to set a date and stick to it. We're not going high enough to get snow, and we're not going fast enough for wet roads to be a problem, unless you have absolutely no tread in your tires.

So, unless you can't bring your Miata's top up for some reason, you'd be fine, methinks :)

Here's a link to Google Maps, the address is 3030 Boundary Road, Burnaby, BC.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=...273853,-123.009796&spn=0.157023,0.290451&z=12

To be honest I might sit this out if the weather turns out super crappy... but if it's decent or even just overcast I should be good to go. I just don't think I'd get much enjoyment out of it if it's raining hard like it was a few days ago, plus I'd like to give my a car a good wash this week as well if I could.

We'll see if I feel like it, I'm very lazy you see. But for now tentatively put me down: Bill in a 2007 Lexus IS250.

Nah, I'm just kidding, Shawn is thy name. ;)

whats the top speed we might reach on the winding roads?

Let's just say that TRYING TO MAINTAIN 60km/h will give your whole body a good workout. Anything more than that, without having driven those roads before, bring your Clarkson Clio V6 "Brave Pill," and you're welcome to be in front of the group leader :)

It's proof that you don't have to break the law to have fun.

Depending on the corner, of course, so might be a little bit slower on the entry and a little bit faster on the exit, but the average is going to be 50-60-70 in the twisties. That should be comfortable for everybody.

In the 2 mountains that we'll climb and then come down on, the roads are right out of the TOUGE book. No center line, they are wide enough for 2 cars and there's hardly any traffic (I counted a total of 3 cars both ways last Sunday), but need to do them slightly slower because sight lines are poor, so make sure you don't drift over the center, just in case.

Sorry about all these messages, hopefully people are still reading this thread for further updates.

I just gave the public library in Agassiz a call, and they'll get back to be about renting their Program Room for an hour and a half on this Sunday. Officially they're closed on Sundays but the Program Room uses a separate entrance and we might be able to get in.

If that works out.... How's a 1hr Top Gear episode of your choice viewing sound to wrap up the drive and meet? THAT makes it the perfect Final Gear event :)

I have an LCD projector and a 2.1 sound system, plus a 2.5in portable USB hard drive that I store most of the TG stuffs on. I no longer own my laptop but I can probably borrow it back. Otherwise, might need to borrow somebody's that has a video out port and is able to play back the DivX videos.

Interested? We might even be able to do the video night once a month, meet up in a community centre closer to home.

They'll get back to me tomorrow if they're able to rent us the room. If not, we'll continue onto Harrison for a snack. Either way, I think it's well advised to have lunch before joining us.

That sounds like it would be a cool idea. I'd be down for it.

If you need a comp, I can supply a laptop.

Hey, sadly I won't be able to come along for this one... hope you guys have fun though. :)

Well, Agassiz Library called me back today and won't be able to let us in on Sunday.

That, plus some doubts about the weather this Sunday, plus Shawn not being able to make it, is kinda making me wonder if we should postpone it for a week or so. Maybe on a Saturday so the Library thing will also work out?

Though, I'll defer to the thread starter to decide whether or not this Sunday is a go. So far, if there's only 2 from FG coming, I've got 1 confirmed and 3 more probables.

I would hate to see you guys cancel on my account, so by all means go ahead.

When can you make it shawn? because the weather is supposed to be crap on Sunday.

Maybe we should postpone it....

Nice looking car there, Justin- makes me wonder if around BC people drive mostly RWD? Looks like you have awesome driving roads there.

I might be heading to Victoria or Esquimalt in a couple of months

70% of people around here drive FF.... mostly because they cannot afford a proper 4WD for winter... :cry:

When can you make it shawn? because the weather is supposed to be crap on Sunday.

Maybe we should postpone it....

Honestly? When the weather warms up again...

But please don't change your plans on my account. I actually heard Sunday is supposed to be better than today/tomorrow in terms of weather.