Vancouver, BC meetup.

If the weather is as nice as forcasted and you ladies decide to pull up your skirts and actually show up, I'll bring a ZR1 we can flog for the cameras.

Well, if we have four people that are willing to show up... I'm down with it. Let's do it!!! :cool:

If the weather is as nice as forcasted and you ladies decide to pull up your skirts and actually show up, I'll bring a ZR1 we can flog for the cameras.

Well, hey now! We don't want the gas station owner and the cops on our asses for doing burn-outs and donuts in his nice parking lot :)

It'd be awesome if you can bring that out.... That'll also convince my sister's boyfriend to show with the '05 997 911 CS, because he was seriously looking at the C6 Z06 instead of the Porsche, and he'd be interested in checking the ZR1 out.

Though you might get bored of the speed and the narrow-ness of the roads so you can't come close to flogging it without ending up in a ditch somewhere. Sorry, the car club Portland International Raceway day is later this month :cool:

So that's it then, Tomorrow we meet at the gas station. Sounds good.

I'll be there after baseball. 1PM OK with everybody? Feel free to show up earlier for pictures.

Looks like a small enough group so I won't bother with route hand-outs, though I should have enough FRSs for everyone.

BTW, for better pictures, bring photo-savvy friends. As well, if you're a member of this forum but can't drive, I think we have extra seats :)

Our club has a tech day tomorrow which looks like it may be canceled, and upon such an occurance, I will be in need of something else to do.

So, I'll be there if it rains. =)

Weather is turning out great, looks like nothing but blue skies to the west.

No baseball today so the car's washed instead. See you all in an hour!

Sorry I couldn't make it; apparently the ZR1 may or may not be of the cannibal variety. It ate its own rear end today after a bit of spirited driving less than an hour after pickup.

So how was it people?

I woke up today and saw it was not only not overcast, the sun was actually shinning. So I rolled out of bed and put my clothes on to go give my car a quick wash and then come join you guys, but grabbing my watch on my way out I realized it was 12:33pm. :rolleyes:

Oh well, depending on how it turned out for you guys we should have a second meet in the new year.

It was tons of fun. Too bad you guys didn't make it out.

@ Klutch - What does the vette have as a diff? I would think they would make it a bit stronger...

@ Shawn - Too Bad you didn't come... you probably could have made it, I don't think we even left the Chevron until about 2pm. We should definitely have one in the spring when the weather is nicer.

^ I guess it wasn't in the cards for me. I would have set my alarm, but didn't think the weather would be anywhere near as nice.

Post a picture or two if you guys got any group shots. :)

Yea, as it usually happens when a bunch of car guys meet up, we just chat the hours away and didn't get started until 2, all the while looking out for a 'Vette ZR1 and a white Lexus IS, the latter of which were dime a dozen, so we kept on getting our hopes up :(

Next time, we need to PM a sign-up sheet around and get cellphone numbers. If we'd done that, we would have known that you'd be coming, and let you know that you'd make the start.

Kenneth shot some stills at the start as well as at Harrison, though as usual you can't expect someone driving to shoot still photos :) My friend Austin had the in-car video camera rolling for the last stretch, so might get some decent driving stills from him. Once he's gotten that edited out, I'll let you guys know.

Leaves are starting to fall, plus the wind storm we had last night, there was a lot of crap on the pavement, so we had to hold back on a couple of great mountain roads. Also, wanted to keep everybody safe, y'know? Wasn't sure how much to push. Now I know, and we can go a bit quicker next time.

Nice, lets see those shots.

Unfortunately, I didn't even get a chance to get my hands on the 'Vetter, let alone be the lucky guy to break it.

You forgot to attach the picture Ken. :p

pu the pics on the internet... then get the url for them, click
insertimage.gif
and then enter the url. viola, pictures.