Your worst traffic annoyances

I'm not a big fan of that sort of stuff.
And no, I've never parked on a pavement before.

Me neither. I have no problem with them folding the mirrors in to get by though, but don't damage someone elses car if you want to live.

(btw aren't you technically on the pavement when that pic was taken? :p)

To be perfectly honest if someone came blazing up to me flashing their lights I absolutely would NOT move. Be an ass to me and I'll be an ass back. This has only ever happened once though when I couldn't pull in as I was overtaking at the same time. I always pull to the left anyway.
Other annoyances are people not pulling into box junctions when their exit is clear, just their route to it is blocked, old people driving at 40 in a 60 and the same old people flashing you when you overtake them in a perfectly safe manner.
The people who annoy me most are people who go into the second lane at a junction when the lane immediately merges back into one, but then don't even attempt to out accelerate the people in the left hand lane.

Last edited:
One of the more annoying things to me is when you are merging to get onto a highway and the person in front of you refuses to get up to speed in a timely manner. It's made especially worse on cloverleafs where you have a very short distance to get onto the highway.

To be perfectly honest if someone came blazing up to me flashing their lights I absolutely would NOT move. Be an ass to me and I'll be an ass back.
Yup, I'll agree with you on that one!

My policy on tailgating is if you do it to me - I will actually deliberately slow down, just to piss you off. Then wait until you attempt to pass me and boot it. After having my fun - I WILL let you go, if your in such a bloody hurry.

The most memorable time I did this was to a wanker in a Boxster 2.7L on a two lane bridge leading out of the city (1 bus lane, 1 general traffic lane). He obviously got impatient and moved into the bus lane, WHICH ended at the top of the bridge. He couldn't undertake me and had to back-off before the lane merged and ended up dropping a few "positions" as he had to merge back into this lane.

This rarely happens as I'm not the sort of person you'd expect to be tailgated. I'm not a slow driver. If someone tails me on a motorway and is in a big rush - I will get the fuck out of the way as soon as I can. Even if I have to stray over the limit, I don't care as I have a simple respect for those that travel faster (provided their not wankers...).

Old dittering seniors in car parks. A few weeks ago, I was reversing out of a spot, and I was just about to move my car into drive. While I'm moving out, I see some silly Pulsar starting to reverse. Reversing some more. Continuing to reverse.. so I beep my horn. The silly Pulsar driver hits the brakes and the car stops and shakes around like Jelly. I move forward a bit, put my window down and have go at her - "Jesus fucking christ, look in your god damn rear view mirror!".

And you know what? She has the nerve to put her finger up at me. I almost wished she had hit into my car, so I could smack her upside the head for her sheer stupidity.

I also had some nine-hundred-and-twenty-five year old person in their Renault 25 who could barely see over the steering wheel. I'm driving past in the outside lane, and I spot the old Renault leaving a parking bay and going into the inside lane.. talk about warning lights already going off. Let's face it old person + Renault = trouble. Suddenly, as a creep past (I had my two Siberian Huskies in the car, so I don't drive with my hair on fire with 'em) she starts to straddle lanes, no warning. I have to brake and swerve to miss the old miserable fart.

Then there's the usual mix of red light runners, tailgaters and general idiots.

EDIT:

back of the lot where there are tons of spaces I don't mind, but when people pull shit like this:

2335502619_4f06886bcc.jpg
it just drives me up a fucking wall. think of QT (QuikTrip) as a slightly larger and WAY nicer 7-Eleven. extremely busy and just flat out aren't enough spaces for anyone to ever do that. EVER!

Ah yes, one of my new hates. I go to Westfield Marion (big shopping center over here), and it's really slim pickings on parking. You know what I find? Some bastard in a Pulsar who's decided to park across 3 god-damn lanes. I mean, what's so hard about 90 degree parking? His car isn't even hard to park.. He'd left one bay right next to him, but no one wanted to park there, in fear that with his questionable driving skills, that they'd damage their cars. I got into the space fine - just the bastard couldn't get out. I started to walk away, and I just thought "Fuck, I can not be bothered with some ass in a Pulsar smacking into my car, just trying to get out". Luckily, managed to find a fresh space just seconds after I left.

Last edited:
And you know what? She has the nerve to put her finger up at me. I almost wished she had hit into my car, so I could smack her upside the head for her sheer stupidity.

Thats where road rage should be allowed. She wouldn't have stuck her finger up at you if there was any chance of you leaping out of your vehicle and flykicking her in the side of the head. Lets face it, cars are expensive and when you damage them, they cost a lot to fix, you lose your insurance premiums, and you're potentially off the road for a while until you get it fixed. Why shouldn't you be allowed to abuse the moron who puts it all at risk? I swear driving standards would improve dramatically.

Your comments about the interstate and all the reminded me how lucky i am to live in a country with a sensible speed limit (meaning unlimited). I'd hate to have to drive up and down the motorway at a pedestrian 112kph (70mph). The mere thought of driving 500 kilometers without ever exceeding 112kph...
It could be worse; you could live in Norway where you can legally do 100 on a not-very-long stretch of motorway between Oslo and Drammen, and everywhere else it's 90, maximum. And that's only on the other motorways, which are rare. Now think about driving from Oslo to Stavanger (540-odd km) in one day...

And it could be worse than that: welcome to Britain in 2015 or there abouts. By then, Gordon Brown will have bowed to pressure from Brussels to convert all the speed limits and distances to metric, and despite all the clamouring from just about everyone to have the motorway speed limit raised to 80 mph (or 130 in the new units), I would be willing to be my house that it would go down. The signs at Dover declare that the 70 mph speed limit translates to 110 km/h (when it's 112, as you say), so that's the limit we'd get. Or, possibly, with the draconian environmental laws that are going to be imposed on us some time in the 2010s, it'll be knocked down to 100, or maybe 90. Also, the government has plans afoot to shove SPECS onto just about every motorway in the country, hence the utterly brutal enforcement of the new limit. Worse still, the road pricing black boxes could do away with speed cameras altogether, detecting and fining every single instance of speeding instantly by satellite. Imagine that: a 90 km/h motorway speed limit with nobody doing over 80 because it's that easy to get caught. Paranoid? Me? I prefer to say I'm realistic.

(heavily edited so as not to break the entire forum)

Pretty much the entire nation that is Finland and Helsinki especially (that's where I live).... ... It is simply because nobody realises the point of being in a car: getting from point A to point B as quickly as possible (within the traffic laws). But noooooooo.....80km/h limit means, of course, 65km/h for the finnish driver. Just as every single f'n pedestrian has to be let across the road even if that means holding up 15-20 cars behind you. And don't even let me get started on how difficult it is for the finnish driver/idiot to make a simple TURN.....you are carrying speed, let's say 35km/h. You see an intersection, you have to turn right. Oc course you will basically lock the brakes 400m before the turn, then crawl aaaaall the way there doing about -15km/h (yes, the minus is there for purpose) and then when you eventually get to your turn, you execute it firmly pressing on the brakes, making sure NOBODY behind is able to make any forward motion.... ...rant, perkele, etc.
Are you or are you not Ville Kaukonen from Learn Finnish With Bastards?
(Scroll to 7m40s...)

Are you or are you not Ville Kaukonen from Learn Finnish With Bastards?
(Scroll to 7m40s...)

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

That was hilarious, absolute gold !! And no, I'm not him (thankfully). Although I will confess sharing some of his views....perhaps not quite so strongly as him, but tone it down about 200% percent and yes, you will end up with some sort of version of me (only the opinions, not the shouting and swearing behind the wheel) :mrgreen:

These aren't in any particular order (one's I hate the most to one's I hate the least or something like that).

A. People stopping at a small signal light when it just turns yellow:

WHAT THE FUCK! KEEP MOVING!!! We're losing momentum here!

B. People on the cellphone not caring about the traffic, just about the conversation:
I don't care if you're girlfriend is pregnant because you forgot to put a beanie for your weanie, get to the side of the road and start crying, otherwise hang up and focus on the road.

C. Old people that think if 65 is the speed limit, they should drive 40 miles less than it, and they should be in the fast lane:
Everyone in the fast lane here in SD does 85/90. You're doing 20-40 mph. Get to the rightmost lane and stay there.

D. Tailgaters on the freeway:
Not really that much of a nuisance. I either just shift lanes or hit the brakes slightly and piss them off.

E. People shifting lanes without looking at any mirror or anything:
Self-explanatory

F. My uncle:
By far one of the worst drivers I've ever come across. We were on the richmond bridge (I-580). To those not in CA, this is in northern CA. We're in moderate traffic (people relatively close to each other but still moving at the speed limit). He takes his hands off the wheel, takes out a packet of herbs and chewing stuff and starts pouring it from the bottle to his palm and eating it. He isn't even looking at the road, he's looking at the packet, at the radio, at anything other than the road. He starts drifting to the metal boundaries on the right and it was so fucking scary that I had to control the wheel and ended up yelling at him. He is slow, impatient, easily distracted, and not focused. He can barely move the steering wheel and half of the time he's half in one lane and half in the other lane, he can't stay in his own lane, which moves me onto G.

G. PEOPLE WHO CANT STAY WITHIN THEIR OWN LANE:

How fucking hard can it be? There's a wheel in front of you, it can steer the car. Use it.

H. People putting on a sudden brake when they're 4-5 cars distance away from the car in front of them.
Self-explanatory

I. People who park diagonally:

Mentioned before in other posts w/pics

J. People anally and consistently following/going below the speed limit:

I can understand if there's a cop in the way, or if there's heavy traffic that's following the speed limit. But I can't understand why you would go 30-35 on a 35 when there's no-one around. Go 40/45! Don't hold up people behind you. This is I understand a bit dangerous so it's not that big of a deal. I just get impatient sometimes and want to go a little bit faster.

K. Caravans/big RVs and stuff that don't pull over on hilly windy roads:
Self-Explanatory.

Driving up the Middle of a three lane Motorway at 60 MPH when the whole motorway is empty and you come up in the left lane, so to get past you have to maneouver into the middle, then into the outside, go past then move to the left and finally into the left lane. But to top that the bastard speeds up as you are going past so to get past you have to go over the speed limit! What a git!

Next someone signallying to leave the roundabout as you are about to come on who then does not go the way that they were indicating but start blowing their horn at you as you have cut them up my mistake. What a git!

Two lorries governed to 55 MPH going up a dual carrage way (speed limit 60) for mile upon mile next to each other. Grrrr. What a pair of gits!

Cyclists who go through red lights. Cyclists who kick your car as they go past for no known reason. Cyclists cycling along with their arms folded! What a bunch of gits!

OK irrational but true:

People wearing hats esp Trilby and Baseball caps backwards, People driving hot Vauxhall Novas - esp with tinted glass, people driving and smoking a pipe FFS, People with a large wife in the front seat with a flowered hat constantly talking and waving her hands about, people who can only just see over the steering wheel, BMW drivers of all sorts (Some are OK, even nice but generall they are pushy bullies), Dustcarts in the morning when I am trying to get to work and left hookers of any sort.

Last edited:
People say the germans have excellent road behaviour. If that's true, driving in the rest of the world must be a nightmare :lol:

You called? I come across a few of these every time I go out:

• People making left or u-turns from the right lane
  • People making right turns from the left lane
  • People who glide through the empty right turn lane at a stoplight, but since they're not turning, they pull in front of the first guy in the middle lane
  • People who don't turn on their headlights at night (this happens waaay more often than it should)
  • People who honk at you the second the light turns green (often their reaction times are slower than mine, so the honk comes right after I've started moving)
  • People who use the same turn signal, regardless of what direction they're going (i.e. signal right, change lanes to the left)
  • People who use hazard flashers instead of turn signals
  • Kids standing up in the back of a car
  • People who accelerate towards red lights
  • People who try to pass people making a left turn, on the left
  • People who honk at you when waiting to turn onto a road which is packed *solid* with cars
  • People who stradle the lanes or slowly drift back and forth between them without signaling
  • People who try to make a left turn in front of you as you're waiting for traffic to clear to make your *own* left or u-turn
  • people who drive 80 km/hr in the middle lane on our 120 km/hr limit motorways
  • People who drive in the emergency lanes on the motorway
  • People who run red lights
  • General rudeness (I almost NEVER see anyone slow down to let someone in)
  • People who stop in the middle of the street without warning, to talk to their friend on the side of the road
  • People driving in the other direction who are making right turns, but don't signal that they are, when you're waiting to make a left turn (with your signal ON), and could have gone if you knew they were turning
  • People who let off their brakes when at a stoplight and then slowly start rolling back towards you until you honk at them
  • People who "cut" in front of everyone (as mentioned above), continually inch forward at the red light, or otherwise act impatient, but then take three seconds to realize the light has turned green
  • People who do the above, then try to make up for the lost time by speeding towards the next red light, only to repeat it all over again
  • People who make a right-turn-on-red (which is legal), but right in front of you as you're making a left turn on GREEN, forcing you to slow down
  • People who honk at you for slowing down behind a guy who's making a left turn, when they can just use the empty lane to the right of us if they're in such a goddamn hurry
  • Jaywalking pedestrians who take their own sweet-ass time to cross the road
  • People who jaywalk across the motorway

There are more, but that's all I could think of off the top of my head for now.

Two kinds of drivers I stay the H* away from:
* Those who have both hands on the wheel at the 11 and 1 o'clock position, mostly older people.
* And those who use wipers on high when it's raining (even lightly).

Tell tale signs, I have learned, of drivers who are afraid of what's going on around them.

And people who don't signal. I don't care why or if you think there is no one around, USE 'EM ! It's not the people you see that you may run over, it's those you don't so give'em a fighting chance and let them know where the F* you're going.

Thank you.

As for tailgaters, better do a brake check and not be on the cell if you do it to me (!).
And if I catch up to someone who doesn't see me and won't move over, I have no problem going around from the right lane. It's much less aggravating to me to undertake and be done with it than to get them to actually wake up and get out of my way.

Oh and yeah, I hate it when I'm sitting at a red light and I see people speed up as the light goes yellow or even blow the fricking red in my face.

Last edited:
I'm fairly certain its illegal to sit in the middle of the intersection while waiting to make a left turn. You are supposed to wait at the stop line until you can pull out and complete the turn without stopping again.
It's legal here in Ohio. Actually it seems a bit safer and more convenient being able to pull into the intersection since everyone else has to wait for you to turn left rather than have everyone going into the intersection all at once. Based on the stuff I see people do on the roads everyday nobody would be nice and hold up at a green light to let you make your turn.

* People who shout at other drivers for stopping at a red light.
* Pickup drivers who drive as though their Dodge Ram with an annoying exhaust is a Nascar Craftsman Truck racer. (The greater the size of the truck, the lesser their intelligence *and endowment, but that's for another thread*(Of course, there are exceptions to this rule, such as the regular posters here who drive trucks)
* Drivers who ignore the red lights on a school bus, then ignore the horn from the bus (wrinklie woman driver) or give some bullshit excuse as to why they're in the clear (some 25-30 something woman in a Caravan gave this excuse: "the lights weren't red when the bus was moving") The flashing lights mean STOP, no matter what the bus is doing! No exceptions for you. Idiots.

It's legal here in Ohio. Actually it seems a bit safer and more convenient being able to pull into the intersection since everyone else has to wait for you to turn left rather than have everyone going into the intersection all at once. Based on the stuff I see people do on the roads everyday nobody would be nice and hold up at a green light to let you make your turn.

It's legal here as well.

Thought of another one.
Minivan drivers. I found there are two types:
1) I have a minivan and no balls so I HAVE to be 10mph under the limit regardless of what's happening. I have CHILDREN people they are NOT in the car at the moment but they MIGHT be, so I will go REALLY slow and get rear ended by a dude in an Expedition going 20 over.

Yes you may have kids, yes you need to be more careful but driving under the motherfucking limit is not the way to not get your ass into an accident. In fact you will piss off those behind you and create a dangerous situation.

Of course as soon as someone overtakes them or does ANYTHING they think is unsafe they get extremely upset. You know you could have scared the child. OMFG!

2) I have a minivan but I am Michael Schumacher himself and I will race you even though you have a clearly superior car.

It's just funny seeing them in and out of lanes trying to race. Depending on my mood I will push them into a near accident and they get so upset when you do.

Another thing is people who will park in a non parking spot blocking other people. I was parked outside a bank in a 90degree parking spot I was waiting for my girlfriend to do w/e she needs to do. Mind you this is at night, not well lit area and heavy ass rain. Some idiot decided to park by the bank in a black car and turned off all his lights. The only reason I was able to tell he was there was basically the 6th sense (doesn't help that my rear visibility is pretty poor). Not only did he block me but he had a kid in the car which could have easily been slammed into by someone less careful.

WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU DO IT??? I mean seriously it's a huge parking lot there was enough room to leave the car somewhere else and that bank has a drive through ATM on top of it all....

Just found this (about a year old) picture:
http://img410.imageshack.**/img410/3770/photo0091bbm7.jpg

It does not look like that but the damage was worth about 5k Euro and it was caused by a bus driver who slipped from the clutch (at least that's what he said). Now, that was annoying.
After the crash he couldn't even give me the phone number of his insurance because he couldn't read it without his glasses. (oh, but driving works fine, huh?!)

(of course the bus company paid for the repairs but still, wtf)

Last edited:
fter the crash he couldn't even give me the phone number of his insurance because he couldn't read it without his glasses. (oh, but driving works fine, huh?!)
Well... To be fair it is much easier to notice a large moving box on wheels than it is to read an insurance card :)

People wearing hats esp Trilby and Baseball caps backwards,
Hey, I wear a hat and I can drive....
BMW drivers of all sorts (Some are OK, even nice but generall they are pushy bullies)

Because you are in the way, and won't get out of it. If you weren't there, they wouldnt have to push :|